By Chinonso Alozie, Owerri
Reverend Father, Anthony Njoku, said ,Friday, that over 1,600 students of Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Efik, and others of the Catholic church extraction will gather in Owerri, to discover new indigenous songs.
He stated this to ,Vanguard in his Parish, St Joseph Catholic Chaplaincy, Owerri in Imo state.
According to the Catholic priest, the October 1st event will further strengthen and portray the love, unity and ingenuity of young Nigerians as well as the benefits of being together.
The clergy said: “We are delighted to bring to your attention, and indeed to warmly invite you to a national choir fiesta, surnamed Forum for the Inculturation of Liturgical Music, FILM, to be hosted hosted by St Joseph Catholic Chaplaincy.
“Over 1,600 students delegates and 100 officials, national executives officers of FILM, Chaplaincy of Catholic Chaplaincy and Father Founders of FILM are expected to attend.
“Owerri and indeed Owerri Ecclesiatical Province will be hosting this event since its inception in 1995, through the pioneering efforts of the University of Benin.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway