– One of the governorship aspirants in Ekiti state has alleged that there are plans to burn down his radio station
– Dayo Adeyeye said some politicians who are against his ambition are plotting to carrying out the plans
– He also said that such plans against his radio station are satanic
A governorship aspirant in Ekiti state, Dayo Adeyeye, has alleged that there are plans by some politicians to burn down his radio station, Voice 89.9 FM, Premium Times reports.
He said himself and the general manager of the station, Donald Falayi, have been receiving anonymous call and messages on the plan.
Adeyeye said his station has never been biased in carrying out its duty in line with the provisions of the law.
The PDP spokesperson however said a formal complaint have been forwarded to the police and State Security Services (SSS) over the alleged plan.
“Voice FM is the voice of all Ekiti people irrespective of their affiliation.”
“We have been hearing and receiving anonymous calls that some hoodlums were plotting to carry out arson attack on this radio station,” Adeyeye said.
He also said the plan to attack his radio station – which was built to serve the people of Ekiti state – is satanic.
“The GM and I had received several information about this evil plot and we are planning to beef up security around the station. I have also instructed my GM to write the SSS and the police about this,” Adeyeye said.
NAIJ.com earlier reported that some governorship aspirants for 2018 in the state have criticized the Ekiti state governor, Ayodele Fayose, for endorsing his deputy Kolapo Olusola as the consensus candidate for the election.
PAY ATTENTION: Watch more videos on NAIJ.com TV
The aspirants said the move by the governor was wrong.
Also, in his reaction, the PDP spokesperson said Governor Fayose’s action was against the party’s constitution and guideline.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway