Some lawyers in Onitsha, Anambra state have warned Igbos residing in the North to comply with the the quit notice previously issued by Northern youth coalition.
Speaking with journalists in Onitsha, the lawyers led by Barr. Samuel Okechukwu said Igbos living in the Northern region should quickly return home before October 1, whether or not the threat to their lives would be executed.
Other persons present at the briefing were Messrs Maurice Efobi Chukwukelu and Ben Okoko.
Returning home to their beloved Igbo land was better than living in a land where their lives were at risk, the lawyers noted.
READ Andrew Yakubu accuses EFCC of denying him medical attention
According to them, “threat of such nature which borders on the national security, lives and properties of free citizens of the country ought not to be taken for granted.”
They cautioned that the Igbo people must not allow events of 1966 to be repeated.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway