One of the sureties for Nnamdi Kanu and senator representing Abia South, Enyinnaya Abaribe, has stated that he cannot be held responsible if the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) fails to appear in court.
Nnamdi Kanu is expected to appear in court on October 17.
“He was supposed to appear in court on October 17. It was our job as sureties to produce him in court. We have been speaking with him”, Abaribe said.
“I spoke with him around August 23. I had to invite him to a meeting with the South-east Senate caucus in my home at Obingwa, in Abia.
“We discussed and we told him what we felt and where he was going out of bound and we told him to confine himself to the laws of the land.
“Now, I spoke to him on September 11, and it was same day that the military moved into his place.
“So, he was supposed to be in court on October 17; on September 11, the military were doing exercise around his home and since then, nobody has seen him.”
The senator said he hasn’t been able to speak with Kanu since the incident occurred, because the number he used to use in reaching him (the IPOB leader) is off.
According to him, nobody knows Kanu’s whereabouts presently.
“The real question is why will you go one month before his appearance in court to effect an arrest, to kill him or whatever?
“So, we felt that you cannot hold me responsible if you didn’t wait for the date he was supposed to be in court.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 14yrs Old Girl Assumes Office As Governor of Abia State
- AMCON discredits media stories on Grant Properties Limited
- Entertainment 2017: Month by month epilogue
- SEC pledges commitment to Industrial Harmony
- Chelsea set to face Barcelona after Champions League last 16 draw
- Messi equals Gerd Muller goal record
- Gareth Bale agrees terms over a possible Madrid exit
- Champions league stats between Chelsea and Barcelona that will annoy Lionel Messi
- Accord traditional rulers constitutional regards – Lagos lawmaker
- Okorocha Says 89 Percent of Nigerians Are Unhappy
- SOAR TO SUCCESS with Pastor Olu Famous
- Atiku warns Secondus, others
- 9mobile may get new owner in January
- 2019: Okorocha rips into Tinubu
- Wizkid, Davido, Kenny Blaq, Nancy Isime, others are winners at The Future Awards Africa 2017
- Libyan gun-nuts shoot Nigerian to test firearms
- Prices of food items drop at major markets
- Angry baale knocks wife dead
- Lagos Baale Crushes His Wife To Death With Jeep
- Buhari doesn’t understand how to run government –Agbakoba
- Woman Allegedly Killed By Banker Husband Buried In Lagos
- Police Rescue Three Stolen Babies, Arrest Six Women
- Fresh crisis rocks PDP over Secondus emergence
- Airtel, Glo top bid for 9mobile acquisition
- 577 firms indicate interest for NNPC’s oil, no-oil assets
- Shell bags Aret Adams Award for Excellence
- Heritage Bank, Generation Next prepares 1, 500 pupils for leadership roles
- Weststar Associates re-strategises as Benz passes 2m global sales
- Senate Holds Public Hearing On Job Creation Today
- Two Nigerians Invent Generator That Runs Without Fuel, Gas
- Atiku’s Exit, Not Good For APC – Okorocha
- Robbers Escaping With Snatched Car Involved In Accident
- Six Proven Tips To Arrange Your Financial Life
- Beautiful Lady Declared Wanted By EFCC... Exposed By Her Ex-Classmate
- How To Get More Blessings With Less of Yourself and More of The Lord
- VP Osinbajo's Clarion Call For The Rebirth of A New Nigeria
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Buhari Visits His Farm In Daura To Check On His Cows
- Okorocha Gives Best Graduating Student N500,000
- PDP Chairman: Uche Secondus Wins [Full List of Winners]