One of the sureties for Nnamdi Kanu and senator representing Abia South, Enyinnaya Abaribe, has stated that he cannot be held responsible if the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) fails to appear in court.
Nnamdi Kanu is expected to appear in court on October 17.
“He was supposed to appear in court on October 17. It was our job as sureties to produce him in court. We have been speaking with him”, Abaribe said.
“I spoke with him around August 23. I had to invite him to a meeting with the South-east Senate caucus in my home at Obingwa, in Abia.
“We discussed and we told him what we felt and where he was going out of bound and we told him to confine himself to the laws of the land.
“Now, I spoke to him on September 11, and it was same day that the military moved into his place.
“So, he was supposed to be in court on October 17; on September 11, the military were doing exercise around his home and since then, nobody has seen him.”
The senator said he hasn’t been able to speak with Kanu since the incident occurred, because the number he used to use in reaching him (the IPOB leader) is off.
According to him, nobody knows Kanu’s whereabouts presently.
“The real question is why will you go one month before his appearance in court to effect an arrest, to kill him or whatever?
“So, we felt that you cannot hold me responsible if you didn’t wait for the date he was supposed to be in court.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway