Injured Arsenal striker, Alex Iwobi, is under close watch by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), ahead of the crucial 2018 World Cup qualifying game between the Super Eagles and Chipolopolo of Zambia next weekend in Uyo.
Iwobi’s injury has been a source of concern to Nigerian fans but the NFF has said the coaching crew would have no problem if the youthful player is not fit before the game as there are quality players on the standby list.
Though NFF is sad at the development, it is however delighted that the core members of the team, the likes of Victor Moses, Obi Mikel and Leon Balogun, are in good health ahead of the decisive encounter.
READ EFCC Arrests Own Operative for Taking N15m Bribe
‘’If you look at our list of invited players, we have a standby list made up quality players, so it is just a matter of regret that he is injured but I am sure he has been in contact with the technical adviser,’’ a top NFF official told said
‘’That’s the reason we have reserves so that whenever something happens to somebody in the list we don’t have to run helter-skelter to look for replacements.
CSKA Moscow star Aaron Samuel is the only striker named on Nigeria’s five-man standby list for the World Cup qualifier against the Copper Bullets.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway