Olusola Fabiyi, Kamarudeen Ogundele, Eniola Akinkuotu, Leke Baiyewu and Leye Aluko
The lawmaker, representing Ogun East Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Senator Buruji Kashamu, on Thursday, condemned Fayose for inaugurating his presidential campaign ahead of the 2019 elections.
“Baba Sala is the stage name of veteran Yoruba comic actor, Moses Olaiya.
“He looks like Baba Sala, alawada kerikeri. He is not reliable,” Kashamu said.
The PDP financier said this while speaking to The PUNCH on the telephone on Thursday in reaction to the official declaration of Fayose’s presidential campaign in Abuja.
The lawmaker decried that Fayose, being the Chairman, PDP Governors’ Forum, who could be likened to the ‘president’ of the party, had failed to obey the zoning agreement in the PDP.
Kashamu recalled that Fayose had once proposed to seek another term as
Governor of Ekiti State, but later announced his vice-presidential ambition.
The senator said, “He is a ‘confusionist’ and number one destroyer of the party. How on earth would somebody, who agreed with other party chieftains, that the presidential ticket of the party for 2019 should be zoned to the North, would now turn around to start campaigning for the same ticket as a southerner, and particularly as a south-westerner to the detriment of the national chairmanship ticket of the party already zoned to the area.
“Lovers of our great party and politically-minded Nigerians generally should, by this action of Fayose, see him as the number one destroyer of the party and the most cantankerous politician in the polity who can, at anytime, abuse anybody and go against agreed plans at anytime.”
Also, a member of the Board of Trustees of the PDP, Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo, said Fayose could not contest in the party’s primary poll for the 2019 presidential election.
He added, “Fayose cannot run and I will tell you my reason. When we formed the PDP, the first battle we fought and won as a party was to zone the presidency to the South.
“Those of us from the South made a case because in the First Republic, the prime minister was from the North; in the Second Republic, the President was from the North, and in the Third Republic, a southerner won and the election was annulled.
“There was no way we could go back to the South and say let’s elect a northerner again without giving the south a slot.
“A decision was taken that the President should come from the South and the chairman of the party to come from the North.
“That was how Solomon Lar became the chairman of the PDP and secretary was zoned to the south; that was how I became the first secretary of the party.”
Nwodo, a former National Chairman of the PDP, said the party would take a decision to ensure that its constitution and ordinances were respected.
He explained that those who tried it in the past failed to achieve their aim.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Russian oil giant eyes Nigerian oil assets
- Giggs’ dad says he is disappointed in him despite appointment as Wales’ manager
- Abdullahi: APC has not failed Nigerians
- We will punish politicians aiding crime – Dickson
- Father of 2 dies in SARS custody
- You’re a ‘big joke’, Fayemi tells Fayose
- FG insists vendors to MDAs display TINs on invoices
- Obasanjo successfully completes his PhD at NOUN
- Face of Woman Caught for Impersonating President Buhari's Wife
- How A Child of God Deals With Life's Challenges
- Patience Jonathan blocks EFCC’s move to seize fortune
- Osinbajo faults Ortom’s testimony on Jan. 1 attack warning
- Messi closes in on Ronaldo’s record
- Gas explosions kill six in Magodo, Lagos
- Falana, student activists embarrassed Ozhekhome at late Fawehinmi lecture
- Lawmaker dies while held hostage for N100 million
- Suspected Ritualist Who Pretends To Be A Mad Man Caught With Charms In Lago
- EFCC To Seize Another N7.35bn From Patience Jonathan
- Woman Arrested For Impersonating Aisha Buhari
- Germany Pays People In The Country To Use Electricity
- Beautiful Lady Gets Stuck With Married Man During S*x
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 6 Best Tips To Improve Your Networking Skills
- Court Freezes Lagos Lawyer’s Account Over N40m Fraud
- Why Nigeria’s Economy Will Be Better In 2018
- Mike Ozekhome mobbed at Gani Fawehinmi lecture for ‘defending corrupt politicians’
- Ekiti sanctions Fayemi for 10 years
- Buhari begging for leniency on behalf of Fulani herdsmen
- Lagos arrests 30 cart pushers for dumping refuse on road medians
- “How I married at 19 to a man that now sleeps with our daughter, her sister”
- Nollywood star turns gardener in USA
- Genevieve replaces Funke Akindele on the cast list of Avengers
- Benue leaders dare Buhari on herdsmen colonies
- We have witnessed so much bloodshed – IBB
- Ambode urges Nigerians to embrace dialogue in conflict resolution
- Nigeria’s paddy rice production jumps from 5mmt to 17mmt in 2 years plus — Ogbeh
- Nigeria has no business in OIC – Prophet Alao
- Aero Contractors’ MRO facility can make the difference for W’Africa — Balami
- Lagos lawmaker rewards 324 brilliant students
- Beautiful Photos of Bayelsa Governor's Quadruplets As They Turn A Year Older