By Odunewu Segun
TStv has alerted the public of a fake twitter account posing as TSTV just as some agents are working in some quarters to frustrate the October launch date set by the company.
On its official twitter handle, it advised Nigerians to disregard any tweets from @tstv Nigeria and @tstvcentre, saying both accounts are fakes.
It went further to reaffirm all its promises as well as its intention to revolutionize the pay-tv industry not only in Nigeria but also beyond its shores.
While many would-be subscribers have expressed various reasons they might try out TStv on its October launch, the pay as you go proposition of the company has come out to be the most significant of all its promises.
Other pay TV providers had consistently argued that the model was not possible to implement in Nigeria on the grounds that they bought the contents they relay as a whole and not in bits.
TStv will roll out its Pay-As-You-Consume plan on October 1, 2017, and industry watchers predict that it would win over a lot of customers from its competitors.
Analysts have expressed the hope that TStv would, indeed, redeem its promise of offering unique services, and thus break the MultiChoice’s monopoly in the business in Nigeria.
The move by the incoming operator is aimed at attracting more subscribers to their service, which is considered to have been tailored along the yearning of Nigerian pay TV customers.
These will be distributed on the ABS 3A Africa beam, located at 3 degrees west, beginning with 100 channels. The TV will also show live sports like Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Europa League and so much more.
Some sport channels on TStv Africa are Sport 1-10, Fox Sport HD, and Ts Sports. Running on 4.5G network, every subscriber will get 20G of data for N3, 000 monthly.
The data can also be used for video calls conferences with camera and WiFi. The TStv decoder will have 50GB hard disk to record TV programmes and a pause/play function.
Bright Echefu, Managing Director of TStv, during the signing of the multi-transponder agreement with their ABS partner, said their services would offer viewers the experience of HD and SD video, internet services, broadband, TV and radio, at a very affordable rate.
“It is the first Nigerian TV to launch a pay-as-you-consume, so you can pause your subscription whenever you are travelling. It is just N5000 for the decoder and dish and subscription prices ranges from N200, N500, N1,000, N1,500 and N3,000, respectively”, he said.
TSTv is a joint venture owned by ABS and Telcom Satellites TV. The company’s signals will be distributed on the ABS 3A Africa beam, located at 3 degrees west.
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Venus Williams & Sloane Stephens crash out of Australian Open
- Man Utd close to announcing new deal for manager
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How fraudsters impersonated Ambode, attempted to defraud LASG
- Customer drags Diamond Bank to court over N2.5m fraud
- Dogara says Buhari betrays legislators, laments killing in Benue, others
- Davido prepares for Igbo wedding
- A moment with Mercy Johnson, husband
- Linda Ikeji has a new problem
- PDP prepares for upsets in 2019 Presidential race
- Ayade, APC at War over seized imported rice
- IBB not happy with Wike, PDP
- Father of 2 dies in SARS custody
- You’re a ‘big joke’, Fayemi tells Fayose
- FG insists vendors to MDAs display TINs on invoices
- Obasanjo successfully completes his PhD at NOUN
- Face of Woman Caught for Impersonating President Buhari's Wife
- Patience Jonathan blocks EFCC’s move to seize fortune
- Osinbajo faults Ortom’s testimony on Jan. 1 attack warning
- Messi closes in on Ronaldo’s record
- Gas explosions kill six in Magodo, Lagos
- Falana, student activists embarrassed Ozhekhome at late Fawehinmi lecture
- Lawmaker dies while held hostage for N100 million
- Suspected Ritualist Who Pretends To Be A Mad Man Caught With Charms In Lago
- EFCC To Seize Another N7.35bn From Patience Jonathan
- Woman Arrested For Impersonating Aisha Buhari
- Germany Pays People In The Country To Use Electricity
- Beautiful Lady Gets Stuck With Married Man During S*x
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 6 Best Tips To Improve Your Networking Skills
- Court Freezes Lagos Lawyer’s Account Over N40m Fraud
- Why Nigeria’s Economy Will Be Better In 2018
- Mike Ozekhome mobbed at Gani Fawehinmi lecture for ‘defending corrupt politicians’
- Ekiti sanctions Fayemi for 10 years
- Buhari begging for leniency on behalf of Fulani herdsmen
- Lagos arrests 30 cart pushers for dumping refuse on road medians
- “How I married at 19 to a man that now sleeps with our daughter, her sister”
- Nollywood star turns gardener in USA
- Genevieve replaces Funke Akindele on the cast list of Avengers
- Benue leaders dare Buhari on herdsmen colonies