– The church said it has made arrangement for the admission of the girls into HOPE International university, Fullerton, California for the 2017/18 academic session
– It also said it would sponsor the university education of the girls in order to give them hope and a better life
The Church of the Servant King, Gardena, California has asked for approval from the Nigerian government to sponsor the university education of four of the kidnapped Chibok schoolgirls who recently regained freedom.
Premium Times reports that the request was made through a letter by the pastor of the church, Richard Read, to the minster for women affairs, Jummai Alhassan.
The church said it has made arrangement for the admission of the girls into HOPE International University, Fullerton, California for the 2017/18 academic session.
The church said it would sponsor the university education of the girls in order to give them hope and a better life.
“Back in the 70s and 80s, we sponsored 30 Cambodian people,” the church stated in the letter.
“We assisted them in assimilating and establishing new lives in a new world and lived in our homes with us. We believe this situation warrants the same kind of response.
“We are well prepared to love and care for these young women while they are in the US. Our prayers are that these four will achieve success to counterbalance the horror they went through with the Boko Haram,” part of the letter read.
The church’s letter did not specify the names of the girls, indicating that it would accept any four willing and qualified for admission to the U.S university.
Boko Haram terrorists kidnapped over 200 girls from their school in Chibok, Borno state in North-east Nigeria while the girls were writing their school certificate examinations in April 2014.
About 82 of the girls were released in May following negotiation between their Boko Haram captors and the Nigerian government.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- DPR swoops on filling stations
- Buhari sends warning signals to Guinea Bissau
- EFCC grabs former Senate president
- What commanders plan to do to whistleblowers in the Army
- EFCC Quizzes David Mark Over Billions "Stolen" From National Assembly
- IMF declares Nigeria as Investors’ Destination
- Neville: Lukaku was right not to celebrate against Bournemouth
- Guardiola wins manager of the month award for third consecutive month
- Kidnapper's "Juju" Prevents Him From Burning Up After Being Set On Fire In Lagos
- Auditor-General Reveals Source of Billions Found in Ikoyi Apartment
- Guardiola names the top two attacking teams in Premier League
- Messi blasts Nigeria ahead of world cup
- Mourinho ready to sell Mkhitaryan to land Ozil
- Iniesta reacts to Ronaldo’s claims he is the “greatest of all time”
- Bishop Oyedepo's Wife, Faith, Rescues Traumatized Teenage Girl During Evangelism
- Several People Injured In Multiple Auto Accidents
- Your Best Defense Against The Enemy
- Beautiful Nigerian Lawyer Makes Double First Class
- Magu Speaks on 'Fight' Between DSS, NIA & EFCC Officials
- 4 Interesting Secrets to Succeed at Job Hunting
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Mikel close to securing Everton move
- Messi: I hope football pays what it owes me
- Iniesta speaks on Neymar’s move to Madrid
- Ejigbo/Isolo launch Itesiwaju Eko Foundation, to start February
- PHOTOS: Man Rapes Female Corper In Ogun & Strangles Her To Death
- Mother & Brother of "Killer Wife" Charged As Accomplices In Murder of Ex-PDP Chairman's Son
- NGO Bill threatens a free, independent civil society – Falana tells Dogara
- Nigeria instability keeping investors away, says IMF
- Microbiologist wins N5m Heritage Bank’s sponsored Next Titan Season-4
- Sterling Bank empowers women for national development
- Ambode opens Johnson, Jakande, Tinubu Park in Alausa
- MLF set to celebrate one-year of empowering Nigerians
- Boko Haram Tries To Take Over Military Base In Borno State
- This Man, A Billionaire, Is Allegedly The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, He's Richer Than 4 Governors
- Africa, others Lose $20billion annually to corrupt officials
- Banks post N19.3trillion transactions in Q3 2017
- SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists
- Ojobo set for NIPR presidential award today
- Ikoyi Whistle-blower Receives N421m; Jets Out of Nigeria