While speaking at the requiem mass held at the Holy Trinity Cathedral, Orlu, Governor Rochas Okorocha, described the kidnapping and subsequent killing of Onunkwo by the culprits as the height of wickedness.
The governor, however, commended the security agencies in the state for working round-the-clock to ensure that the suspects were apprehended without delay, adding that the late priest had made a great sacrifice.
He said, “Our brother has died and his death shall never be in vain. Thank God Almighty, the security operatives have captured the killers and they will face the wrath of the law. I want to commend the security agencies for a job well done.
“The Lord said, ‘touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm.’ Since these people have touched the anointed and Prophet of God, the wrath of God shall visit them just like the way it visited Cain for killing Abel. Our brother has paid the great sacrifice. We pray that his sacrifice shall help us in eradicating crime in our land.”
Okorocha further consoled the Bishop, Catholic Church in Orlu Diocese and the family of the late priest, urging them to take heart.
Earlier in his sermon, the Bishop Emeritus of Orlu Diocese, Most Rev. Gregory Ochiagha, said those who kidnapped and killed Onunkwo did not know God, and prayed that God would touch their hearts and bring them to repentance.
He described the late Onunkwo as a priest of high spiritual standard and prayed that God grantS his soul eternal repose.
Others in attendance at the mass were the Deputy Governor, Eze Madumere, the Imo State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Chris Ezike and Director of Department of State Services, Mr. Denga Abdullahi.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Atiku warns Secondus, others
- 9mobile may get new owner in January
- 2019: Okorocha rips into Tinubu
- Wizkid, Davido, Kenny Blaq, Nancy Isime, others are winners at The Future Awards Africa 2017
- Libyan gun-nuts shoot Nigerian to test firearms
- Prices of food items drop at major markets
- Angry baale knocks wife dead
- Lagos Baale Crushes His Wife To Death With Jeep
- Buhari doesn’t understand how to run government –Agbakoba
- Woman Allegedly Killed By Banker Husband Buried In Lagos
- Police Rescue Three Stolen Babies, Arrest Six Women
- Fresh crisis rocks PDP over Secondus emergence
- Airtel, Glo top bid for 9mobile acquisition
- 577 firms indicate interest for NNPC’s oil, no-oil assets
- Shell bags Aret Adams Award for Excellence
- Heritage Bank, Generation Next prepares 1, 500 pupils for leadership roles
- Weststar Associates re-strategises as Benz passes 2m global sales
- Senate Holds Public Hearing On Job Creation Today
- Two Nigerians Invent Generator That Runs Without Fuel, Gas
- Atiku’s Exit, Not Good For APC – Okorocha
- Robbers Escaping With Snatched Car Involved In Accident
- Six Proven Tips To Arrange Your Financial Life
- Beautiful Lady Declared Wanted By EFCC... Exposed By Her Ex-Classmate
- How To Get More Blessings With Less of Yourself and More of The Lord
- VP Osinbajo's Clarion Call For The Rebirth of A New Nigeria
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Buhari Visits His Farm In Daura To Check On His Cows
- Okorocha Gives Best Graduating Student N500,000
- PDP Chairman: Uche Secondus Wins [Full List of Winners]
- Imo lawmakers endorse Okorocha’s son in-law for Governor
- PDP says Their Members who Looted Nigeria funded Buhari’s Presidential Campaign
- 10 Facts About Miracles That Will Build Your Faith
- There is potential collusion between enforcement Agents and Traffickers; DG of NAPTIP tells CNN
- TRAGIC | Seven Dead In Multiple Crashes In Ogun
- Dualization of Yenegwe-Kolo-Otuoke Road In Bayelsa By FG
- RSS Rescue Family Whose Vehicle Somersaulted (Photos)
- Pretty Lady Celebrates 17th Anniversary of Car Accident That Paralysed Her
- Robber Trails & Shoots AIT Staff In Bayelsa While Returning From Shiloh
- What Buhari Can Learn From Lagos State Governor, Ambode
- PRAYER FOR TODAY