The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has taken a swipe at the All Progressives Congress (APC) government led by President Muhammadu Buhari, saying its “minus zero” scorecard could not win the confidence of voters in 2019.
In a statement signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, the party lamented what it called the “serial lies and blame game” of the ruling party against the PDP since its assumption of power more than two years ago.
The statement read: “The PDP is amazed over some frivolous claims credited to certain leaders of the ruling All Progressive Congress, APC, in which they expressed confidence that the party’s scorecard in 2019 will be that it cleared the PDP’s mess.
“We ask, how can a minus zero score card translate to confidence for winning elections? How convenient. It’s, therefore, very obvious that the APC is still stuck with its serial lies and blame game against the PDP since it assumed power more than two years ago.
“We want to state emphatically that the APC’s abysmal failure will, indeed, be the PDP’s scoring points in 2019, given that the remaining one year plus will make no difference to the APC’s incompetence and crass ineptitude in political, democratic and public governance.
“We promise to continue shielding the unsuspecting public from the APC’s sworn deception. On a second thought though, it appears Nigeria is being ruled by the APC from its status in 1983; otherwise, this plethora of lies against evidence-based achievements of the PDP in the entire sector wouldn’t have arisen.
“We wish to specifically note one other outrageous claim by these leaders, that the APC has recorded huge success in the ‘agricultural sector’ – in crops such as: rice and grains; and for tubers like cassava and yam by next year. Indeed, this is absurd and a loquacious claim as there is no evidence, except increased hunger and frustrations on Nigerians daily.
“For the avoidance of doubt, the PDP did surpass the APC’s imaginations of growth in agricultural sector, especially in the rice and cassava productions that they made boast of.
“Let us further remind APC leaders that they inherited a Nigerian economy that was growing consistently at an average of 7% annually for 10 years, which General Muhammadu Buhari admitted to in Chattam House in February 2015; and it was the number one economy in Africa, valued at over $500 million, and also the number one foreign investment destination, FDI.
“While we wait for the fizzling of this false party, the APC, in 2019, we want to pray it to show mercy on Nigerians by achieving at least 20% of its jumbo promises which are too numerous to mention. We wish to reiterate that the so called ‘corruption war’ is already a failure as well as other facets of governance.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Gov. Yari blasts Fayose
- What FG has done to make governors clear salaries owed workers
- South West Rugby League rounds off on Saturday
- Soldier sentenced to death for killing civilians
- Obasanjo breaks records in NOUN
- Nigeria Army makes 12-month biggest bust of Boko Haram new hideout
- Loveth Howell National Judo Championship kicks-off in Benin
- Obasanjo Becomes An Academic Doctor, As He Bags PhD
- Physically Challenged Lady Set To Wed Her Sweetheart (Pre-wedding Photos)
- High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria From China (Photos)
- Ecowas Youth Council tackles Sierra-Leone’s president
- Imagine What A Woman Did To Her 15yrs Old Househelp
- 5 Reasons Android Devices Are Still Better Than iPhone
- Tallest and Shortest Corpers In NYSC Camp (Photos)
- Beautiful Nigerian Lady Dies From Gas Explosion Triggered By Phone Call
- Robbery: Lagos Police grill Burna Boy, to charge him to court
- Emir Sanusi's Son, Prince Aminu, Becomes A Police Officer
- TRAGIC | 18 die, 20 injured as truck overturns in fatal accident
- Ekweremadu calls for 6-year single tenure for president, governors
- What The New Oshodi & Airport Road In Lagos Would Look Like
- Raising A Family 'Of Different Minds'
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- DPR swoops on filling stations
- What commanders plan to do to whistleblowers in the Army
- EFCC Quizzes David Mark Over Billions "Stolen" From National Assembly
- Neville: Lukaku was right not to celebrate against Bournemouth
- Guardiola wins manager of the month award for third consecutive month
- Kidnapper's "Juju" Prevents Him From Burning Up After Being Set On Fire In Lagos
- Guardiola names the top two attacking teams in Premier League
- Messi blasts Nigeria ahead of world cup
- Mourinho ready to sell Mkhitaryan to land Ozil
- Iniesta reacts to Ronaldo’s claims he is the “greatest of all time”
- Bishop Oyedepo's Wife, Faith, Rescues Traumatized Teenage Girl During Evangelism
- Several People Injured In Multiple Auto Accidents
- Your Best Defense Against The Enemy
- Beautiful Nigerian Lawyer Makes Double First Class
- Magu Speaks on 'Fight' Between DSS, NIA & EFCC Officials
- 4 Interesting Secrets to Succeed at Job Hunting
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Mikel close to securing Everton move