– Security operatives said they have identified the person managing IPOB account in France
– They said money is disbursed from France to members for their operation
– Anyone associated with IPOB is warned to desist
Onlinenigeria.com had earlier reported that the minister of information, Lai Mohammed had said that the group which has been proscribed was being sponsored from France.
The Nation reports that a security source confirmed that some Nigerians in diaspora were sending money to an account in Paris, France and that it was disbursed to IPOB members from there.
A source said: “Security agencies are still conducting more checks before releasing the details on the fellow running the Paris, France account on behalf of IPOB and its leader.
“When the necessary investigation is completed, the findings will be presented to the French government for appropriate action in line with the laws in France.
“These agencies will also trace other accounts in some jurisdictions where funds were remitted into the Paris account.”
A top government source said the proscription of IPOB meant that anybody associating with her was doing so at his or own risk.
“Whether IPOB is registered abroad or anywhere is immaterial. The most important thing we have achieved is that the terrorist group can no longer operate in this country.
“The gazette is the climax of the presidential proclamation and the decision of the court on it.
“Any Nigerian or group associating with IPOB is doing so at a greater risk.”
“No government will relate with a terrorist organisation. Certainly, any talk of dialogue is remote.”
Meanwhile, the deputy director of the Radio Biafra, Uche Mefor, released the historical details of the organisation, an arm of IPOB
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway