Ports & Cargo Handling Services Ltd., a subsidiary of SIFAX Group and Operator of Terminal ‘C’ Tin’Can Island Port, Lagos, has improved the general cargo component of its services with a brand new vessel, ‘MV Maritime Challenger’, from Singapore.
According to a statement by the Group Managing Director, Sifax Group, Mr John Jenkins, on Sunday in Lagos, the brand new bulk carrier, which made its first voyage to any port in the world from Singapore, is owned and operated by the IMC Shipping, China.
“IMC Shipping China has major trading routes in the Asia-Pacific that serve markets in South America and Africa, focusing on major and minor bulk cargoes.
“The vessel, which has installed capacity of about 39,744 tonnes of cargoes, in its first call to Ports & Cargo Terminal, brought both major and minor bulk cargoes.
“Some of the items it brought include: chemicals (pure Ammonium Nitrate), fluid transport tank, fibre ceiling, pulp wood, coils, pallets, tractors and trucks. seamless pie and hot rolled sheets.
“Others are: construction equipment and materials, wheel loader, Sodium Sulphate,” Jenkins said.
He said the need to put the terminal and its facilities to full use and increase the company’s revenue base were the main reasons for the company’s renewed interest in the general cargo business.
Jenkins said, “We are delighted that history has been made again at our terminal with the arrival of this brand new vessel that embarked on its first ever voyage to any port.”
The Managing Director said that the voyage was from Asia to the Nigerian waters and ended with its berth in Lagos.
“The company has made a huge investment in infrastructure and equipment at the terminal in the last 10 years and has, therefore, attracted a number of discerning clients, including IMC Shipping, the operator of the vessel.
“What has been the unique selling proposition of the terminal is the quality of service that we provide.
“While we have concentrated heavily on the container business over the years, the terminal is actually a multi-purpose one that can conveniently handle other kinds of vessels.
“It is with this belief in our ability and opportunities that our unique terminal provides that we have decided to also develop the general cargo/bulk side of our business.
“This new line is a testimony of our commitment to excel in this business,” Jenkins said.
Mr Mustapha Mohammed, General Manager, Ports & Cargo Handling Services Ltd., assured IMC Shipping and other prospective clients of the readiness of the company to provide excellent terminal operations.
The captain of the ship, Captain Tang Jiang Tao, said that he received warm welcome from the Ports & Cargo terminal staff as well as other government regulatory agencies like the Nigerian Ports Authority, among others.
He also expressed his delight with the impressive equipment at the terminal.
“We are delighted to take this ship on its first voyage from Asia to Nigeria and I must say that we are very impressed by what Ports & Cargo has offered us in terms of competent hands and quality service delivery.
“I and my crew will be happy to call the terminal again,” he said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari sends warning signals to Guinea Bissau
- EFCC grabs former Senate president
- What commanders plan to do to whistleblowers in the Army
- EFCC Quizzes David Mark Over Billions "Stolen" From National Assembly
- IMF declares Nigeria as Investors’ Destination
- Neville: Lukaku was right not to celebrate against Bournemouth
- Guardiola wins manager of the month award for third consecutive month
- Kidnapper's "Juju" Prevents Him From Burning Up After Being Set On Fire In Lagos
- Auditor-General Reveals Source of Billions Found in Ikoyi Apartment
- Guardiola names the top two attacking teams in Premier League
- Messi blasts Nigeria ahead of world cup
- Mourinho ready to sell Mkhitaryan to land Ozil
- Iniesta reacts to Ronaldo’s claims he is the “greatest of all time”
- Bishop Oyedepo's Wife, Faith, Rescues Traumatized Teenage Girl During Evangelism
- Several People Injured In Multiple Auto Accidents
- Your Best Defense Against The Enemy
- Beautiful Nigerian Lawyer Makes Double First Class
- Magu Speaks on 'Fight' Between DSS, NIA & EFCC Officials
- 4 Interesting Secrets to Succeed at Job Hunting
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Mikel close to securing Everton move
- Messi: I hope football pays what it owes me
- Iniesta speaks on Neymar’s move to Madrid
- Ejigbo/Isolo launch Itesiwaju Eko Foundation, to start February
- PHOTOS: Man Rapes Female Corper In Ogun & Strangles Her To Death
- Mother & Brother of "Killer Wife" Charged As Accomplices In Murder of Ex-PDP Chairman's Son
- NGO Bill threatens a free, independent civil society – Falana tells Dogara
- Nigeria instability keeping investors away, says IMF
- Microbiologist wins N5m Heritage Bank’s sponsored Next Titan Season-4
- Sterling Bank empowers women for national development
- Ambode opens Johnson, Jakande, Tinubu Park in Alausa
- MLF set to celebrate one-year of empowering Nigerians
- Boko Haram Tries To Take Over Military Base In Borno State
- This Man, A Billionaire, Is Allegedly The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, He's Richer Than 4 Governors
- Africa, others Lose $20billion annually to corrupt officials
- Banks post N19.3trillion transactions in Q3 2017
- SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists
- Ojobo set for NIPR presidential award today
- Ikoyi Whistle-blower Receives N421m; Jets Out of Nigeria
- Finally Ikoyigate whistleblower receives payment