– Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is currently meeting with former PDP chairman Ali Modu Sheriff
– Sheriff was reported to have been approached by the APC stakeholders in the state to rejoin their fold
– APC national chairman, John Oyegun is also at the meeting
Daily Trust reports that Sheriff, a former member of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who was until recently the chairman of the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP), arrived Osinbajo’s office at about 3:30pm.
Osinbajo went into the closed-door meeting with Sheriff shortly after presiding over a meeting of the National Economic Management Team.
The national chairman of the All Progressives Congress, John Odigie-Oyegun later joined Vice President Yemi Osinbajo in meeting with Senator Ali Modu Sheriff.
Oyegun arrived the Vice President’s Office at exactly 4.45pm.
The details of the meeting remain sketchy as the time of filing this report.
Meanwhile, Onlinenigeria.com had previously reported that the Borno state chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) rejected the alleged planned move of Senator Ali Modu-Sheriff back to the ruling party, New Telegraph reports.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway