A seeming routine military exercise that commenced as Operation Python Dance II which in its practical manifestations appeared diverted for undisclosed military mission in the zone, is becoming expanded from the activities of the Nigerian Army to involvement of the Nigerian Airforce know for providing air strike backward for ground forces in the battlefield.
National Daily gathered that some air force jets which include Alpha Jet fighter, have immediately been deployed by the air force to its 115 Special Operations Group in Port Harcourt,, Rivers State, to support the ongoing Nigerian Army’s Exercise.
It was revealed that the deployment of the aircrafts was to provide the necessary air cover to the ground troops towards enhancing overall operational cohesion and efficiency.
The Nigerian Army commenced Operation Python Dance II in the South East, on September 15, 2017, with high concentration of forces adjacent to the residence of the leader of the indigenous peoples of Biafra (IPOD), Nnamdi Kanu, with subsequent onslaught on IPOB members.
However, the Nigerian Army had said that the operation was targeted at ridding the region of criminals and other activities threatening the security of country from the zone.
Meanwhile, the deployment of the air force jets raises suspicion of a covert mission of the Nigerian Army to secure strategic positions within the South East for declaration full scale war after the declaration of IPOB as terrorist group could not be sustained amidst criticisms and disagreement in government.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway