He said he remained the monarch of his community and chairman, Imo State Council of Traditional Rulers in concomitance with the law and the unanimous wish of Obinugwu.
In a statement issued in Owerri by his media consultant Kennedy Ewueama, Ilomuanya said that Obinugwu Community had Eze Ilomuanya as their one and only monarch affirmed by several courts, including the Supreme Court.
He said: ”Governor Okorocha has no right or power whatsoever to banish any Imo citizen, talk less of a highly revered monarch of Eze Ilomuanya’s status.”
Ilomuanya said the sanctity and dignity of the traditional institution in Imo State had been eroded under Okorocha, and appealed to the federal authorities to call him to order.
He implored the public to disregard the media reports credited to Governor Okorocha on the issue “as they only amounted to playing to the gallery.”
Governor Rochas Okorocha had during the last media chat at the Government House in Owerri declared that he would arrest and banish Ilomuanya if he went about parading himself as a traditional ruler in Imo state because Ilomuanya had for long seized to be a traditional ruler following his removal by the state government.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Vladimir Putin: Russia, Iran ink economic deals as Rouhani visits Moscow
- University Of Ibadan: Students bemoan conditions on campus
- Mikel Obi: Super Eagles captain moves his family to China
- Eurocorps: Poland to withdraw from force
- Nigeria in Venice Biennial: Meet the 3 Nigerian artists set to make history at the art exhibition
- Odd Enough: The "Cash Me Ousside" girl is sadly about to become a millionaire
- Lifestyle: Here are all 44 movie sequels and reboots coming out in 2017
- Lifestyle: Seth Meyers: Why we now know Trump's dealmaking skills are a 'complete sham'
- Tech: Here’s how Trump’s new executive order will dismantle Obama’s efforts to reverse climate change
- Legend: Brand deploys cheap Wi-Fi hotspots in Abuja
- Osunlade: Meet the ‘Yoruba’ man who was sampled on DJ Khaled's new song
- Politics: MARK CUBAN: Here's what I would do with my businesses if I ran for president
- Politics: PAUL RYAN: House Intel chair should not recuse himself from Russia investigation
- Erotic Story/Smoking Bass: Ifeanyi's naughty evening at the office [Pt. 3]
- Politics: How the US Navy plans to fix the F-35's most troubling problem
- Strategy: Amazon is launching a drive-up grocery service — here's how it works
- Dogara: Speaker says Tinubu is a dogged fighter for democracy
- Iyanya: "Signature EP" offers Mvin singer a chance to completely reset his career
- Finance: These 9 states are where taxpayers get the biggest bang for their tax dollars
- Tech: Wall Street Journal staffers signed a letter criticizing the control white men have over the newsroom
- Finance: Bitcoin is taking off
- Politics: Mattis had the perfect response when asked about the US bombing civilians in ISIS-held Iraq
- Bishop Azogu: If Buhari Dies, Satanic Forces Will Overrun Nigeria
- Ngilari Was Granted Bail : Why Jailed ex-Adamawa Governor
- 3 Workers of Multinational Oil firm Killed in Boat mishap
- Obasanjo Wife Tells Court: Postpone My Son?s Wedding
- Fulani Herdsmen Barricade Road, Rob Travelers?.
- Man United Prepare £173m Bid For Neymar
- TOUCHING: Checkout Last Instagram Post Of UNILAG Student Who Died After An Outing With Unidentified Man
- LMAO! Autocorrect Has Its Uses But It Can Make You Lose Your Job.. See Convo Between Boss & Her Employee!
- Checkout This NYSC Inspired Birthday Shower Of A Corper In Osun State (Photos)
- Tiwa Savage Wows in New Photos
- Adekunle Gold Turns Bus Conductor in Lagos – Video
- Police Nab 23 Year Old Man For Beheading 72 Year Old Woman In Ogun State
- BBNaija2017: Did Marvis Just Roll Weed In The House? (Photos)
- ?Okafor?s Law?: Court Directs Seizure Of Omoni Oboli?s Film
- Abuja Airport Closure: Why We Chose Kaduna Over Other Airports – Aviation Minister
- Customs Seizes 13 Vehicles Belonging To Kano State Senator
- Groups To March On Wednesday In Abuja In Support Of Amnesty International
- Constitutionalism, The Senate And Ibrahim Magu: The Need For Magu To Stay By Kabir G. Ibrahim