President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday made a sudden appearance at the ongoing National Economic Council, NEC holding at the presidential Villa, Abuja.
This would be the first time ever the president would be appearing at the NEC meeting constitutionally chaired by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.
Members of NEC included state governors; the Central Bank governor; Ministers of Justice, Finance, and FCT.
At exactly 12:30 pm , the president walked into the Council chamber, venue of the meeting, went round and shook hands with all NEC members before taking his seat.
It was learnt that NEC had earlier resolved to go and pay homage to the president in his office but later, the President offered to come down and meet them.
At the point the Chairman of the Governors Forum and Zamfara State Governor, Abdulahi Yari was called by the Vice President to make some remarks, Journalists were asked to excuse the meeting.
Recall that Buhari left the shores of Nigeria for the United Kingdom on January 19 where he spent about 50 days on medical vacation.
He returned to the country last week Friday, appealing to Nigerians to allow him get some rest.
He however resumed his official duties on Monday .
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Alleged babymama: How I Begged Davido To Use Condom But He Refused
- How to clear your irritating stretch mark in just two weeks – Testimony of a celebrity [SPONSORED]
- GRASS CUTTING SCAM | We Could Not Trace 20 Companies Awarded Contracts – Senate
- Saraki, Magu And Buhari’s Phantom War On Corruption
- AMCON TAKE OVER OF ARIK: COURT SET TO DECLARE THE TAKEOVER OF ARIK AIR LIMITED VOID
- Why I Wanted To Jump Into Lagos Lagoon – Rescued Woman Speaks
- Benue Community Under Attack Again, 3 Dead, Many Displaced
- Dream Kardashian pouts in typical Kardashian fashion (WATCH)
- Naira Appreciates Further, Now At 390 Per Dollar
- Jay Jay Okocha Shows His Skills In Kenya, As Kenyans Watch In Admiration (WATCH)
- Singer Sia looks really young as she's spotted at LAX without her signature wig (WATCH)
- Committing Suicide, Walking On Bridges Now An Offence In Lagos - Police
- President Buhari to Visit Sambisa Forest on Monday
- 10 Nollywood Actresses Who Are Scandal Free (WATCH)
- Ile-Ife Crisis: IG Idris Explains Arrest of Yoruba Suspects Only
- Nigerian Army: Court Martial passes verdict demoting Capt. Aroye
- Politics: GOP DISASTER: 'TRUMPCARE' VOTE PULLED DESPITE ULTIMATUM
- Fashola: Minister says FG will reimburse states for Federal roads repair
- Politics: TRUMP: 'The best thing we can do is let Obamacare explode'
- 2018 World Cup Qualifier: Dempsey hat-trick, Pulisic shines as USA thrash Honduras
- Donald Trump: Republican rift threatens US president's agenda
- Arik Air: Court fixes date for ruling of AMCON’s takeover
- Dino Melaye: 'Sahara Reporters Publisher Will Go To Jail, I Promise'
- Ile Ife crisis: OPC gives FG, police 48-hour ultimatum to arrest Hausa suspects
- Osun debt profile: You lack knowledge of governance – Aregbesola replies critics
- Dr. Orji Allwell: Family Chase Journalists Over Reports On Suicide
- Mary?s Statue Cries ?Blood? In Church
- Late Delta lawmaker, Udoh Is Laid To Rest In Warri
- XENOPHOBIA | Nigeria calls on South Africa to curb fresh attacks
- NIGERIA-MOROCCO DEAL | 11 Fertiliser blending plants come on stream – NNPC
- Face The Crisis In Your State, Ortom Replies Wike
- ILE-IFE CRISIS | Afenifere raises legal team to defend 21 Indigenes
- Biafran agitators cannot be silenced by force – Peter Obi
- Ebonyi women protest rape of 70-year-old woman by Fulani Herdsman
- List Of Beneficiaries Of Diezani’s $115m admitted By Court
- EDO | Lawyer drags Police to court over attempted assassination plot by APC thugs
- Presidency Warns Nigerians To Stop Attacking President Buhari
- Senator Dino Melaye Shares Screenshots Of His MSc Project
- Prophet Cried Out After Sleeping With A Female Cult Member : ?I?m Being Raped By A Snake Every Night?
- Etisalat: More Worries For Telco - A Company Is Demanding N2B For Alleged Copyright Infringement