The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has revealed how a suspect, Adeolu Adeyanju, is still defrauding unsuspecting individuals despite being put behind bars.
According to a statement signed by the commission’s spokesman, Wilson Uwajeren, the suspect impersonated the director, Petroleum Products and Marketing Company (PPMC) by cloning his phone number and using same to instruct unsuspecting businessmen to make payment for trucks of petroleum products to Detwinx Global Services Limited.
After payment had been made, the suspect would transfer about 80 percent of the money to a certain bureau de change operator, and kept the rest in his bank account.
Uwajeren, who said that the EFCC was intensifying investigations into the shady activities of the serial fraudster, disclosed that Adeyanju’s fraudulent activities from the prison yard came to the fore after a complaint by one of his victims.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- CBN intervenes positively with $370.9 million in Foreign Exchange Market
- Ali Modu Sheriff’s endorsement by Appeal Court tears Imo PDP apart
- Yes, I gave Justice Adeniyi Ademola N500,000 but it was a gift, not a bribe – Buhari’s Lawyer
- All Eyes On Harun Elbinawi
- Acting President Osinbajo rejects four national assembly bills
- El Rufai Reshuffles Cabinet
- We Wont Participate in Rivers Rerun- NYSC
- President appoints wife as first Vice-President (PHOTOS)
- Mikel Obi’s Girlfriend, Olga Shares Cute Photos Of Their Twins Living The Luxurious Life
- Photos From President Robert Mugabe’s 93rd Birthday Party – Photos
- Boy With ‘Hand Of God’ Haircut Sets Twitter On Fire (Photo)
- African Literature: 3 Nigerian Fiction books you should include in your library
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid star has a crazy car collection
- Ad tech company Rubicon Project's president Greg Raifman is leaving along with 6 other top execs (RUBI)
- Snapchat has a huge problem with Android, and it's causing investors to worry
- Madonna: Music star shares adorable photo of twin daughters
- Apple's new UK AirPod ads point to a big shift in its advertising strategy (AAPL)
- Agriculture: Don urges increase in palm kernel oil production
- Toshiba: Corporation skyrockets over 22% on chip unit sale hopes
- Tillerson, Kelly, Pena: Top US envoys to meet Mexico president to calm tension
- Domestic Violence: Man brutalizes wife, leaves her with internal bleeding
- Nigerian Student Poetry: 'The sun will rise again' by Noah Oladele
- FRSC: Agency warns FCT communities of impending traffic build-up
- Pulse Nigeria Poll: Is Big Brother Naija an immoral show?
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell
- Russia: Country successfully launches space freighter after crash
- Osinbajo: Acting President rejects National Lottery Bill, 3 others
- Buhari: ‘It’s my choice not to speak to President,’ Femi Adesina says [VIDEO]
- Justice Okon Abang adjourns Olisa Metuh’s case
- Nigeria will not be borrowing a penny from IMF – Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun
- Court grants former Katsina State Governor, Ibrahim Shema bail
- UN: WHO WILL RESCUE NIGERIA FROM EVIL NEIGHBORS?
- FG must treat IPOB, MASSOB with respect – Dr. John Nwodo
- What I discussed with Ali Modu Sheriff – Goodluck Jonathan
- I never signed documents tendered as evidence, witness in Nyako’s trial reveals
- LMAO! “Pussy Cat Where Have You Been?”- Reno Omokri Mocks Those Visiting Buhari In UK
- This Lady With Ex #BBNaija Housemate Soma At A Party Has Got Guys Talking (Photos)
- Of Course I Can’t Guarantee Rooney’s Future In Man United – Mourinho
- “Review NYSC Service Year To 1month, Give N300,000 Seed Capital To Graduates”- Ifeanyi Ubah To FG
- “Real Men Stay Faithful” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Ex Wife, Anita Diss Ex-husband