Ardo made the revelation in a statement yesterday to explain why the PDP cleared Sheriff for national chairmanship in 2015.
Sheriff had been accused of forming and sponsoring the dreaded sect when he was governor of Borno State.
Ardo, however, stated that Sheriff was found to be clean as he was able to convincingly prove to the screening committee that he was not the brain behing Boko Haram.
The former governorship aspirant of the PDP in Adamawa State, said he decided to open up on the matter following a recent engagement he had with some critics on the same issue.
Recalling a meeting with the ex-Borno helmsman, Ardo noted: “I asked Sen. Modu Sheriff this question point blank at the heat of his campaign to be the national chairman of the PDP when I had a one-on-one meeting with him in May, last year.
“His answer to me was that he didn’t (form the Boko Haram).
“To buttress his position, he left me and went somewhere in his house and shortly returned with three documents and handed them over to me.
“One was a ‘Report of the Post Morten Committee on the Sectarian Crises in Kano, Bauchi, Yobe and Borno States,’ constituted by the then National Security Adviser, as directed by the Nigerian president. The report was dated 27th August, 2009.
“The other document was the ‘Report of the Implementation Committee of the Government White Paper on the Boko Haram Insurgency in Borno State’ dated 9th November, 2009.
“The third one was titled ‘The 2009 Sectarian Crisis in Borno State’ written by Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff himself in September 2011,” he said.
Ardo said having carefully read through the first two documents and discountenancing the third document, written by Sheriff himself, the facts contained in those he read, and the personalities involved, showed that Sheriff did not create the Boko Haram.
“In fact, from the committee’s report and the White Paper, Sen. Sheriff was commended for the steps his government took to stem Islamic insurgency in the state,” he added.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- MEND endorses Omusuku’s as IYC Presidential candidate, dismisses Omare’s election
- I was paid N4000 to butcher woman in Lagos – Ritualist confesses
- NYSC releases 2017/18 detailed requirements for registration of full-time, part-time graduates
- London terror attack: We have arrested seven persons, attacker acted alone – Police
- Oluremi Martins: Remita app – What every consumer must know
- Atletico Madrid don’t need Diego Costa – Diego Simeone
- N400m Fraud ; Olisa Metuh asks Court to wait for Supreme Court’s decision
- Like the Republican Party, PDP will reclaim power in 2019 – Ekweremadu
- Prominent Pastor jailed for defiling male children
- 2ND NIGER BRIDGE | FG approves construction of access roads
- 3 Siblings electrocuted by Power cable
- Married Banker dies while having sex with married colleague
- ZAKI BIAM MURDERS | Governor orders Traditional Rulers to produce, Militia leader, ”Ghana” (PHOTO)
- Senator Dino Melaye, releases NYSC photos, gets blasted by Nigerians.
- Babachir Shuns Senate Invitation
- AUDIO & VIDEO: Tekno – Yawa
- #BBNaija: Kemen Exudes Style in New Photos
- Nigeria Tops WHO List for Something Ridiculous
- Iyabo Ojo Finally Speaks Out on Latest Scandal
- Laura Ikeji Pregnant, Releases Pregnancy Photos
- Comic Actor ‘Mr Ibu’ Reveals Why He Was Kidnapped Twice
- Davido Picks His Daughter Imade From School; Spends Quality Time With Her (Photos)
- Wet Dreams: Natural Or Spiritual?
- 5 Easy Ways To Prevent Stretch Marks During Pregnancy
- OMG! Tragedy As 3 KG Children Drown In A Dugout Pond In Ghana – Photo
- Checkout 2Face Idibia’s Sweet Message To Annie As They Celebrate Their 4th Wedding Anniversary
- Teenager Gets N500,000 Bail Over Alleged Defilement Of 4-year-old Girl In Lagos
- Drake Gets Huge Tattoo Of British Nigerian Singer, Sade Adu On His Body – Pic
- Black Market BOOMS As Naira Gains 4.9% To 410/US$1
- BBNaija contestant ThinTallTony all smiles as he lands in Lagos (WATCH)
- These Photos Of 4 Friends Swagged Up For Their Maternity Shoot Is Everything (WATCH)
- These 7 Senators Said Hameed Ali Should RESIGN
- Gabrielle Union and husband, Dwyane Wade stunning in new photos (WATCH)
- 'Hameed Ali Is Over-aged, Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss
- Empress Njamah poses with Jay Jay Okocha (WATCH)
- Bukola Saraki, Dino Melaye, visit IBB in Minna (WATCH)
- Hameed Ali: Buhari Pretends As If Nothing Is Wrong – Senator Olujimi
- Bobrisky shows off new hair-do (WATCH)
- 23/03/2016: Today's Naira Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro
- Khloe Kardashian slays in new photos (WATCH)