A civilian militia supporting the military in the 9-year war against the Boko Haram sect has left 6 people dead following a surprise attack.
Updates from the attack of last Friday by suspected members of the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram, left no fewer than six members of the local vigilante called civilian joint task force, CJTF dead, while one of the suspected bombers also died in the explosion.
This was confirmed on Monday, by members of the civil society organisation and officials of some international non-governmental organisations, who visited the area.
“Seven people were killed and several injured in the attack. Boko Haram came in two pickup trucks and fired an RPG into the camp from behind the rear fence. The explosion was followed by suicide bomber, who attacked the International School Camp through the back axis of Wulgo/Zannari wall, unfortunately killed 6 CJTFs on duty plus the bomber,” an official Ibrahim Ado said.
According to him, it took the swift intervention of the military to repel the attackers, otherwise the situation would have been bloodier.
”The injured were evacuated at the weekend with the dead to Maiduguri. For now, normalcy has return to the camp, but we have called for more security presence in the camp,” he said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway