A civilian militia supporting the military in the 9-year war against the Boko Haram sect has left 6 people dead following a surprise attack.
Updates from the attack of last Friday by suspected members of the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram, left no fewer than six members of the local vigilante called civilian joint task force, CJTF dead, while one of the suspected bombers also died in the explosion.
This was confirmed on Monday, by members of the civil society organisation and officials of some international non-governmental organisations, who visited the area.
“Seven people were killed and several injured in the attack. Boko Haram came in two pickup trucks and fired an RPG into the camp from behind the rear fence. The explosion was followed by suicide bomber, who attacked the International School Camp through the back axis of Wulgo/Zannari wall, unfortunately killed 6 CJTFs on duty plus the bomber,” an official Ibrahim Ado said.
According to him, it took the swift intervention of the military to repel the attackers, otherwise the situation would have been bloodier.
”The injured were evacuated at the weekend with the dead to Maiduguri. For now, normalcy has return to the camp, but we have called for more security presence in the camp,” he said.
Latest Nigeria News
- DPR swoops on filling stations
- Buhari sends warning signals to Guinea Bissau
- EFCC grabs former Senate president
- What commanders plan to do to whistleblowers in the Army
- EFCC Quizzes David Mark Over Billions "Stolen" From National Assembly
- IMF declares Nigeria as Investors’ Destination
- Neville: Lukaku was right not to celebrate against Bournemouth
- Guardiola wins manager of the month award for third consecutive month
- Kidnapper's "Juju" Prevents Him From Burning Up After Being Set On Fire In Lagos
- Auditor-General Reveals Source of Billions Found in Ikoyi Apartment
- Guardiola names the top two attacking teams in Premier League
- Messi blasts Nigeria ahead of world cup
- Mourinho ready to sell Mkhitaryan to land Ozil
- Iniesta reacts to Ronaldo’s claims he is the “greatest of all time”
- Bishop Oyedepo's Wife, Faith, Rescues Traumatized Teenage Girl During Evangelism
- Several People Injured In Multiple Auto Accidents
- Your Best Defense Against The Enemy
- Beautiful Nigerian Lawyer Makes Double First Class
- Magu Speaks on 'Fight' Between DSS, NIA & EFCC Officials
- 4 Interesting Secrets to Succeed at Job Hunting
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Mikel close to securing Everton move
- Messi: I hope football pays what it owes me
- Iniesta speaks on Neymar’s move to Madrid
- Ejigbo/Isolo launch Itesiwaju Eko Foundation, to start February
- PHOTOS: Man Rapes Female Corper In Ogun & Strangles Her To Death
- Mother & Brother of "Killer Wife" Charged As Accomplices In Murder of Ex-PDP Chairman's Son
- NGO Bill threatens a free, independent civil society – Falana tells Dogara
- Nigeria instability keeping investors away, says IMF
- Microbiologist wins N5m Heritage Bank’s sponsored Next Titan Season-4
- Sterling Bank empowers women for national development
- Ambode opens Johnson, Jakande, Tinubu Park in Alausa
- MLF set to celebrate one-year of empowering Nigerians
- Boko Haram Tries To Take Over Military Base In Borno State
- This Man, A Billionaire, Is Allegedly The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, He's Richer Than 4 Governors
- Africa, others Lose $20billion annually to corrupt officials
- Banks post N19.3trillion transactions in Q3 2017
- SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists
- Ojobo set for NIPR presidential award today
- Ikoyi Whistle-blower Receives N421m; Jets Out of Nigeria