By Boluwatife Ezekiel Olaleye
Chairman of the Ogun State Internal Revenue Service (OGIRS), Mr Adekunle Adeosun said on Friday that the agency generated more than N33 billion from January to Aug. 2017.
Adeosun made this known during an oversight visit of the State Assembly’s Committee on Finance and Appropriation to the agency’s head office in Abeokuta.
He said that the amount generated with the eight months under review was part of the estimated revenue of N41 billion approved for 2017.
According to him, the agency has already recorded 81 per cent performance.
The chairman stated that of the N33 billion generated by OGIRS, N31.6billion came from personal income tax, more than N1.2billion from withholding tax, and N318.5million from road tax.
“Some of the revenue also came from property tax, pools and lottery, levies and also from registration and other miscellaneous collection,’’ he said.
According to him, the enumeration of existing and potential tax payers also contributed significantly to the success recorded.
“We do not have any interference from the governor of the state on the issue of tax collection which has significantly contributed to the success of OGIRS in its aggressive revenue drive.
“It could also be attributed to collaboration and exchange of information with Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and aggressive tax drive within the confine of the law.
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Lagos Govt chides Banire for whipping up sentiments
- Access Bank advocates collaborative efforts against cybercrimes
- Journalist found dead in Anambra
- Multiple taxation drowning 95% of SMEs in Nigeria yearly — Elumelu
- How Army Sergeant killed Captain, colleagues over girlfriend
- Osun tackles Dangote over N1.5bn tax evasion
- Ronaldo: I want seven Ballon d’ors and seven children
- Group petitions Buhari over Ekere Tenure as NDDC MD
- Seamless Port operations critical to end Apapa gridlock – Ambode
- Oyegun: Buhari cannot fulfill all his promises
- Babangida facing corruption charges
- NUBIFIE task FG on Labour ministry’s incursion
- NCC investigates circulation of unregistered sim
- Ayeola emerges LASCOFED/CFN President
- Osinbajo reveals how Buhari made him cut his salary in half
- iPhone charger electrocutes teenage girl to death
- Misau: Court grants Idris’ application
- TCN jacks up Nigeria’s electricity transmission
- Alex Iwobi reveals the reason for Eagles unbeaten run
- Patience renews effort to unfreeze accounts as interim forfeiture order expires
- Woman sentenced to prison for stealing Recharge Cards worth N4.2million
- "Don’t Call Me Fake" – Soldier Arrested For Robbery Warns Commissioner of Police
- Before & After Makeup Transformation Of A Beautiful Lady
- Police Arrest Monarch Whose House Was Burnt For Allegedly Killing IMSU Graduate
- Tinubu to Buhari: You have to do more to make Nigeria better
- Ex-SGF Anyim Pius Anyim Arrested By EFCC In Abuja
- US offers Cash Reward for Arrest of Nigerian scammer (pics)
- Rotimi Amaechi Hosts Governors, APC Leaders In His Abuja Residence
- Lady Sets Her Boyfriend's Car On Fire For Dumping Her
- Stock Pricelist: 16.11.17
- Wife seeks divorce over husband’s inability to fulfil sexual obligation
- Why Senate, House of Reps choose Buhari’s creditworthiness amidst rising debt profile
- N239m Military Pension thief: Court grants suspects bail
- 15 killed in Lagos multiple accidents
- 4 Surprising Tricks You Probably Didn’t Know About Flying
- DSS Seeks "Out of Court" Settlement After Detaining Pastor For 8 Months
- "I Kidnapped My Girlfriend To Raise Money For Our Wedding" – Man Confesses
- Buhari Made Me To Take Salary Cut, says Osinbajo
- Patience Jonathan Urges Court: Release My Money
- My Coach Told Me To Ignore Nigeria – Brian Idowu