By Boluwatife Ezekiel Olaleye
Chairman of the Ogun State Internal Revenue Service (OGIRS), Mr Adekunle Adeosun said on Friday that the agency generated more than N33 billion from January to Aug. 2017.
Adeosun made this known during an oversight visit of the State Assembly’s Committee on Finance and Appropriation to the agency’s head office in Abeokuta.
He said that the amount generated with the eight months under review was part of the estimated revenue of N41 billion approved for 2017.
According to him, the agency has already recorded 81 per cent performance.
The chairman stated that of the N33 billion generated by OGIRS, N31.6billion came from personal income tax, more than N1.2billion from withholding tax, and N318.5million from road tax.
“Some of the revenue also came from property tax, pools and lottery, levies and also from registration and other miscellaneous collection,’’ he said.
According to him, the enumeration of existing and potential tax payers also contributed significantly to the success recorded.
“We do not have any interference from the governor of the state on the issue of tax collection which has significantly contributed to the success of OGIRS in its aggressive revenue drive.
“It could also be attributed to collaboration and exchange of information with Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and aggressive tax drive within the confine of the law.
Leave a comment
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- How fraudsters impersonated Ambode, attempted to defraud LASG
- Customer drags Diamond Bank to court over N2.5m fraud
- Dogara says Buhari betrays legislators, laments killing in Benue, others
- Davido prepares for Igbo wedding
- A moment with Mercy Johnson, husband
- Linda Ikeji has a new problem
- PDP prepares for upsets in 2019 Presidential race
- Ayade, APC at War over seized imported rice
- IBB not happy with Wike, PDP
- Father of 2 dies in SARS custody
- You’re a ‘big joke’, Fayemi tells Fayose
- FG insists vendors to MDAs display TINs on invoices
- Obasanjo successfully completes his PhD at NOUN
- Face of Woman Caught for Impersonating President Buhari's Wife
- Patience Jonathan blocks EFCC’s move to seize fortune
- Osinbajo faults Ortom’s testimony on Jan. 1 attack warning
- Messi closes in on Ronaldo’s record
- Gas explosions kill six in Magodo, Lagos
- Falana, student activists embarrassed Ozhekhome at late Fawehinmi lecture
- Lawmaker dies while held hostage for N100 million
- Suspected Ritualist Who Pretends To Be A Mad Man Caught With Charms In Lago
- EFCC To Seize Another N7.35bn From Patience Jonathan
- Woman Arrested For Impersonating Aisha Buhari
- Germany Pays People In The Country To Use Electricity
- Beautiful Lady Gets Stuck With Married Man During S*x
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 6 Best Tips To Improve Your Networking Skills
- Court Freezes Lagos Lawyer’s Account Over N40m Fraud
- Why Nigeria’s Economy Will Be Better In 2018
- Mike Ozekhome mobbed at Gani Fawehinmi lecture for ‘defending corrupt politicians’
- Ekiti sanctions Fayemi for 10 years
- Buhari begging for leniency on behalf of Fulani herdsmen
- Lagos arrests 30 cart pushers for dumping refuse on road medians
- “How I married at 19 to a man that now sleeps with our daughter, her sister”
- Nollywood star turns gardener in USA
- Genevieve replaces Funke Akindele on the cast list of Avengers
- Benue leaders dare Buhari on herdsmen colonies
- We have witnessed so much bloodshed – IBB
- Ambode urges Nigerians to embrace dialogue in conflict resolution
- Nigeria’s paddy rice production jumps from 5mmt to 17mmt in 2 years plus — Ogbeh