- The insurgents had ambushed for a military patrol team at Missini village along Dikwa-Ngala road
- But the army repelled the attack, killed the insurgent s and recovered ammunition from the scene of the attack
The Nigerian army on Saturday, October 21 said its troops had killed three Boko Haram insurgents at Missini village of Dikwa Local Government Area of Borno state.
Onlinenigeria.com gathered that Brig. Gen. Sani Kukasheka Usman, the director army public relations, said in a statement issued in Maiduguri.
Usman said that the insurgents on Friday, October 20, laid ambush for a military patrol team at Missini village along Dikwa-Ngala road.
He added that the troops repelled the attack, killed three insurgents and recovered ammunition from the scene of the attack.
“Troops of 3 Battalion under 22 Brigade on Friday, 20th October, 2017; at about 11: 30 a.m. while on routine patrol came under Boko Haram terrorists ambush close to Missini Village along Dikwa – Ngala Road, northern part of Borno state.
“The gallant troops cleared the ambush and neutralized three Boko Haram terrorists.
“The team recovered one AK-47 rifle with registration number KO357026 and 39 rounds of 7.62mm Special Ammunition from the terrorists,” Kukasheka said. (NAN).
Meanwhile, Onlinenigeria.com had previously reported that a report by Sahara Reporters claimed that six persons were killed on Thursday, October 19, when suspected Boko Haram terrorists ambushed the convoy a Nigerian military senior officer.
Latest Nigeria News
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 6 Best Tips To Improve Your Networking Skills
- Court Freezes Lagos Lawyer’s Account Over N40m Fraud
- Why Nigeria’s Economy Will Be Better In 2018
- Mike Ozekhome mobbed at Gani Fawehinmi lecture for ‘defending corrupt politicians’
- Ekiti sanctions Fayemi for 10 years
- Buhari begging for leniency on behalf of Fulani herdsmen
- Lagos arrests 30 cart pushers for dumping refuse on road medians
- “How I married at 19 to a man that now sleeps with our daughter, her sister”
- Nollywood star turns gardener in USA
- Genevieve replaces Funke Akindele on the cast list of Avengers
- Benue leaders dare Buhari on herdsmen colonies
- We have witnessed so much bloodshed – IBB
- Ambode urges Nigerians to embrace dialogue in conflict resolution
- Nigeria’s paddy rice production jumps from 5mmt to 17mmt in 2 years plus — Ogbeh
- Nigeria has no business in OIC – Prophet Alao
- Aero Contractors’ MRO facility can make the difference for W’Africa — Balami
- Lagos lawmaker rewards 324 brilliant students
- Beautiful Photos of Bayelsa Governor's Quadruplets As They Turn A Year Older
- FG says Islamic loan finances trillions of construction projects across Nigeria
- Amaechi in tears at Omoku
- CBN sets 1,500 new saving accounts for banks in Abuja
- Dilemma: Court orders Malami to file charges against Dogara, others
- NIA says no $44m missing from vaults
- Nigeria consolidates position with AfDB
- Detecting if your bank account is being overcharged
- Many Nigerians live on unearned income, says Aregbesola
- Tension As Youths Attack Police Station, Destroy Cars, Free Suspects
- Mother of Five Divorces Her Husband, Gets Married To Ghost
- How To Get Rich & Still Have Peace To Enjoy Your Riches
- 5 Interesting Ways To Make Exercise A Habit
- Pastor Bakare Challenges FG To Restructure Nigeria
- Seriously? Another $44 Million Vanish From NIA Vaults
- This 20yrs Old Man Just Won A Massive $451m Lottery Jackpot
- Illegal petrol depot allegedly discovered at NNPC mega station
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Story of Don Waney: The Deadly Escapades of A Dropout
- Mama Boko Haram: "I stopped insurgents from bombing a church on Christmas Eve"
- Lucky Escape! Plane With 162 Passengers Stops Few Yards From The Black Sea After Crashing
- 9Mobile sales process suffers hitch