- Nigeria's quest to defeat Islamist group, Boko Haram is still on course
- The mission is however becoming increasingly difficult by the day as the terrorists regroup and attack every now and then
- Senior officers of the Nigerian Army are also not immune from the attacks
A report by Sahara Reporters claims that six persons were killed on Thursday, October 19, when suspected Boko Haram terrorists ambushed the convoy a Nigerian military senior officer.
According to the report, the terrorists attacked the Nigerian Army's commanding officer near Bulabilin, a village along the Maiduguri/Damboa highway.
Quoting an unnamed security source, the report also said the attack left scores of injured people.
Nigerian Army convoys are routinely targeted by Boko Haram terrorists in Borno state. Source: Twitter
The commanding officer’s convoy was reportedly travelling along the road when it suddenly came under heavy fire by insurgents.
The source said: “Our convoy came under terrorist attack yesterday a few kilometres after Bulabilin when the commanding officer of Bulabilin village was going to Damboa. Unrepentant terrorists killed our soldiers and seriously wounded others,” said the source.
He added that the wounded soldiers were taken to the military hospital in Maiduguri for treatment.
The Nigeria military is yet to issue a statement on the alleged ambush at the time Onlinenigeria.com published this report.
Meanwhile, the Pentagon on Monday, August 28, notified the U.S. Congress that Nigeria is set to buy 12 Super Tucano A-29 planes and weapons worth $593 million (over N200 billion).
It was specifically mentioned that Nigeria wants to utilize the planes for its fight against Boko Haram.
The Super Tucano A-29, an agile, propeller-driven plane with reconnaissance and surveillance as well as attack capabilities, is made by Brazil’s Embraer.
Both countries hope that the propeller-driven warplanes — tailored for counter-insurgency operations — will bolster Nigerian efforts to combat Boko Haram.
Latest Nigeria News
- PDP prepares for upsets in 2019 Presidential race
- Ayade, APC at War over seized imported rice
- IBB not happy with Wike, PDP
- Father of 2 dies in SARS custody
- You’re a ‘big joke’, Fayemi tells Fayose
- FG insists vendors to MDAs display TINs on invoices
- Obasanjo successfully completes his PhD at NOUN
- Face of Woman Caught for Impersonating President Buhari's Wife
- Patience Jonathan blocks EFCC’s move to seize fortune
- Osinbajo faults Ortom’s testimony on Jan. 1 attack warning
- Messi closes in on Ronaldo’s record
- Gas explosions kill six in Magodo, Lagos
- Falana, student activists embarrassed Ozhekhome at late Fawehinmi lecture
- Lawmaker dies while held hostage for N100 million
- Suspected Ritualist Who Pretends To Be A Mad Man Caught With Charms In Lago
- EFCC To Seize Another N7.35bn From Patience Jonathan
- Woman Arrested For Impersonating Aisha Buhari
- Germany Pays People In The Country To Use Electricity
- Beautiful Lady Gets Stuck With Married Man During S*x
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 6 Best Tips To Improve Your Networking Skills
- Court Freezes Lagos Lawyer’s Account Over N40m Fraud
- Why Nigeria’s Economy Will Be Better In 2018
- Mike Ozekhome mobbed at Gani Fawehinmi lecture for ‘defending corrupt politicians’
- Ekiti sanctions Fayemi for 10 years
- Buhari begging for leniency on behalf of Fulani herdsmen
- Lagos arrests 30 cart pushers for dumping refuse on road medians
- “How I married at 19 to a man that now sleeps with our daughter, her sister”
- Nollywood star turns gardener in USA
- Genevieve replaces Funke Akindele on the cast list of Avengers
- Benue leaders dare Buhari on herdsmen colonies
- We have witnessed so much bloodshed – IBB
- Ambode urges Nigerians to embrace dialogue in conflict resolution
- Nigeria’s paddy rice production jumps from 5mmt to 17mmt in 2 years plus — Ogbeh
- Nigeria has no business in OIC – Prophet Alao
- Aero Contractors’ MRO facility can make the difference for W’Africa — Balami
- Lagos lawmaker rewards 324 brilliant students
- Beautiful Photos of Bayelsa Governor's Quadruplets As They Turn A Year Older
- FG says Islamic loan finances trillions of construction projects across Nigeria
- Amaechi in tears at Omoku