- He described the action as the handwork of mischief makers
- He, however, promised to focus on delivering quality projects and programmes for the people of the state
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state, has urged Nigerians to disregard posters displayed in parts of Abuja indicating his interest in the vice presidential position in 2019 race.
Premium Times reports that the governor, who described the action as the handwork of mischief makers, said his attention was drawn to it recently.
Onlinenigeria.com gathered that Wike made this call in a statement signed by his special assistant on electronic media, Simeon Nwakaudu, adding that the posters were from “political mischief makers who seem to have forgotten that nobody runs for the office of the vice president.”
The statement read, “The attention of the Rivers state Governor, His Excellency, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has been drawn to the posting and circulation of fake vice presidential posters by political mischief makers.
“We urge Nigerians to disregard these posters as they have no link with the Rivers State Governor. Nobody runs for the office of the Vice President. The Rivers state Governor has the mandate of the good people of Rivers state and he is focused on delivering quality projects and programmes for the people.
“Governor Wike will not be distracted by the antics of misguided politicians who want to mislead Nigerians.”
Wike, who belongs to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is one of the prominent critics of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC).
His party has already zoned the presidential slot to the northern part of the country.
In Nigerian politics, a nominated presidential candidate is usually allowed to pick his running mate after internal consultations with all the critical arms of the party in question.
Meanwhile, Onlinenigeria.com had previously reported that the governor of Rivers state, Nyesom Wike, said he is ready to die in 2019 to ensure victory for the Peoples Democratic party (PDP) in the forthcoming general elections.
Latest Nigeria News
- Cattle colonies begin next week
- 27-year old Nigerian shot dead in South Africa
- Oil market nearing strategic rebalancing as prices continue looking up – OPEC
- Nigerians under fresh attack in South Africa
- Buhari has support of APC governors for 2019, says Okorocha
- Trump blames opposition as US government shuts down
- Why I stand with Buhari
- Customs targets N1.3trn in 2018
- I Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-East, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers - President Buhari
- My Son Has Disappeared From Police Custody Even After I Paid N60k Bail - Mother Cries Out
- Open Letter To Aisha Buhari Over Cabal Controlling The Presidency
- Interesting Ways Wives Can Become Their Husband's Best Friend
- Only 2 companies make financial bids for 9Mobile
- School children boost Soldiers morale in Lagos
- 7 Foods That Will Boost Your Digestive Health
- Meet World’s Youngest Tenant Who Pays Rent At Just Age Five
- I Went Into Coma When Jonathan Called Me In 2015 – Buhari
- This Beautiful Lady Says She's Searching For A Boyfriend
- STRANGE: Bride Strips Herself At Her Wedding Due To Spiritual Manipulation
- Why We Pay ‘Subsidy’ Without National Assembly’s Permission – NNPC
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 200 items recovered from bomb factory in Edo
- Why SEC extended e-dividend free registration again
- Nigeria requested for AfDB’s West Africa Regional Office in Abuja – Finance minister
- 3 in Police net for stealing 3-yrs boy
- Anarchy looms in Kano: Ganduje declares war against Kwankwaso
- Cleaner Lagos Initiative: LASG, PSP Operators court case delaying implementation
- Keyamo petitions Buhari
- Yoruba elders make position known on cattle colony proposal
- Again, group springs in southeast for Atiku 2019
- Newborn dies as mother, nurse attempt to sell it
- NCC to develop new data pricing structure
- UTME results valid for a year not three, says JAMB
- Herdsmen kill Pregnant Woman, 24 hours after Gov. Fayose’s peace meeting in Ekiti
- Why I Am Not Always In A Hurry To Do Anything - Buhari
- How To Succeed With A Godly Perspective In Life, Work, Business
- Recovered $500m Abacha Loot Goes Missing?
- Sultan backs Miyetti Allah, lashes out at CAN secretary
- Despite bailout, Paris Club refund, state govts still owe months of salaries
- Baale on the run after murder in his palace