- He described the action as the handwork of mischief makers
- He, however, promised to focus on delivering quality projects and programmes for the people of the state
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state, has urged Nigerians to disregard posters displayed in parts of Abuja indicating his interest in the vice presidential position in 2019 race.
Premium Times reports that the governor, who described the action as the handwork of mischief makers, said his attention was drawn to it recently.
Onlinenigeria.com gathered that Wike made this call in a statement signed by his special assistant on electronic media, Simeon Nwakaudu, adding that the posters were from “political mischief makers who seem to have forgotten that nobody runs for the office of the vice president.”
The statement read, “The attention of the Rivers state Governor, His Excellency, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has been drawn to the posting and circulation of fake vice presidential posters by political mischief makers.
“We urge Nigerians to disregard these posters as they have no link with the Rivers State Governor. Nobody runs for the office of the Vice President. The Rivers state Governor has the mandate of the good people of Rivers state and he is focused on delivering quality projects and programmes for the people.
“Governor Wike will not be distracted by the antics of misguided politicians who want to mislead Nigerians.”
Wike, who belongs to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is one of the prominent critics of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC).
His party has already zoned the presidential slot to the northern part of the country.
In Nigerian politics, a nominated presidential candidate is usually allowed to pick his running mate after internal consultations with all the critical arms of the party in question.
Meanwhile, Onlinenigeria.com had previously reported that the governor of Rivers state, Nyesom Wike, said he is ready to die in 2019 to ensure victory for the Peoples Democratic party (PDP) in the forthcoming general elections.
Latest Nigeria News
- African Security Forum opens 10 Days Security Tour Package in UK
- I love stealing, suspect boasts
- Autopsy reveals how Nigerian girls found dead on Spanish ship died
- IPOB goes under as polling goes smoothly in Anambra
- Tip-Top, Mak&Mak, Pryke, 12 other shell companies traced to Jonathan’s SGF, Ecological Fund
- IPOB rejects media reports on Anambra election
- Four suicide bombers kill 3 in Borno
- YALE sees beauty in disabled persons
- UPDATE: Results From Anambra Election
- Actor Kenneth Okonkwo & His Cute Son In Matching Outfit
- Female Suicide Bomber Cries After She Was Nabbed
- Nigerian Couple Share Lovely Pre-Wedding Photos In A Jet
- 19 Floors into the ground, China to open Groundscraper Hotel
- REVEALED: Notorious Lagos Police Station Where No One Is Innocent
- Moses wins Nigerian footballer of the year award
- Yahoo Boys Weep As SARS Officer Threatens To Kill Them
- Suspects Who Murdered Man On Shell Premises Arrested
- Man Kidnaps Nephew, Demands For N2million Ransom From The Father
- AMAZING! China Builds World’s Coolest Library With A Super Lovely Interior
- Keyamo writes Lagos Govt on stay of action
- Tsav condemns assassination attempt on Rivers Gov
- Minister worries over dissemination of fake news in Nigeria
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Female Corper Beaten To Coma By Employer's Brother
- Lagos Govt chides Banire for whipping up sentiments
- Access Bank advocates collaborative efforts against cybercrimes
- Multiple taxation drowning 95% of SMEs in Nigeria yearly — Elumelu
- How Army Sergeant killed Captain, colleagues over girlfriend
- Osun tackles Dangote over N1.5bn tax evasion
- Ronaldo: I want seven Ballon d’ors and seven children
- Group petitions Buhari over Ekere Tenure as NDDC MD
- Seamless Port operations critical to end Apapa gridlock – Ambode
- Oyegun: Buhari cannot fulfill all his promises
- Babangida facing corruption charges
- NUBIFIE task FG on Labour ministry’s incursion
- NCC investigates circulation of unregistered sim
- Ayeola emerges LASCOFED/CFN President
- Osinbajo reveals how Buhari made him cut his salary in half
- iPhone charger electrocutes teenage girl to death
- Misau: Court grants Idris’ application