The governor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-rufai, has presented a budget proposal of N216.55 billion to the state House of Assembly for the 2018 fiscal year..
Speaking while making a presentation of the 2018 appropriation bill tagged: ‘Budget of Consolidation’, El-rufai said it is aimed at completing the various projects embarked by his administration.
He said priority was given to capital projects and N131 billion voted for that, while N85.4 billion was voted for recurrent expenditure.
The governor said education, health and social development would take N51.4 billion from the capital expenditure while education and health would get N33 billion and N17 billion respectively.
El-Rufai also said a report by his administration on decaying schools led to the decision of the World Bank to grant the state a budget support facility of $350 million.
He assured the lawmakers that state government would remain focused on delivering on its promises.
He said: “We shall be prioritising completion of these projects in the coming year. We are in a time of consolidation, and the budget reflects this thrust. Development is a continuum, and we are firmly building on the foundations we have laid in the preceding years,” the governor said.
“As at mid 2017, there were 443km of township roads and 16 intercity roads with a distance of 414.8km at various stages of completion. In addition, 17 rural feeder roads with distance of 172 km are being constructed. We campaigned vigorously against the poor state of public schools.
“There are many schools being rebuilt, hospitals being upgraded and equipped, waterworks being refitted, rehabilitation centres being fixed.
“We are very proud to have initiated these projects in the interest of our people, we have been clear-headed enough to take on inherited projects that we consider feasible and viable.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Samsung prepares for new phase of growth in Nigeria
- Pictures of Falae’s farm burnt
- INEC faces uphill task as 100 parties jostle for 2019
- HMD, home of Nokia phones partners Techpoint Build 2018
- Two matches, two clean sheets; I am happy – Okemuite Odah
- FIRS Makes Over N4Trillion For Nigeria In 2017
- Update on Falae: Police report disproves herdsmen theory
- N40bn: Court affirms SERAP’s right to stop double pay, pensions for Akpabio, Amaechi, Saraki, others
- Report: World’s top 1% earns 82% of wealth generated in 2017
- No more hiding place for criminal elements in Ikorodu – Ambode
- What 8 players had to say about working for Mourinho and Wenger
- FG targets 15% contribution ratio of GDP through tax
- No to cattle colonies
- Ebonyi curtails Lassa fever, reopens schools
- E-banking: Robots take control of UBA Facebook chat
- Kwankwaso averts anarchy in Kano
- Customs rejects vehicle dealers plea, insists on seizure
- Chooper laden with arms lands in Taraba
- Faces of Men Arrested With Fake N8million Cash
- George Weah Sworn In As Liberia's 24th President
- Nigerian Man Almost Died In Fatal Car Accident 3 Days After He Bought New Car
- Stakeholder blames Customs boss for trigger-happy officers
- Silva lining : Why Arsenal should make a move for sacked Watford coach
- Why Buhari may not seek re-election in 2019 – Adesina
- Ambiente consumer goods fair starts Feb 9, list gains
- Benue: DSS report indicts govt-sponsored militias, ISIS
- Fulani herdsmen, not IS behind Benue Killings, says Fani-Kayode
- Talking in your sleep reveals a something nasty about you, say researchers
- CBN retains monetary policy rates despite quorum crisis
- Africa’s universities are not future ready!
- Our life under threat, late Imam’s wife cries out
- Man Abducts Lady During Church Vigil In Delta, R*pes Her
- Buhari Lacks The Physical, Intellectual Capacity To Govern - Na'Abba
- NNPC Account In Red As Petrol Landing Cost Nears N180/Litre
- This Lady Was Used For Ritual By "Yahoo Boy" - Friends Say
- "Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens" - Burns Expert Warns
- Wondering Why You Wake up In The night? Here Are 6 Reasons
- Buhari Is Healthy To Seek Re-election In 2019 – Femi Adesina
- Deadly Islamic State Terrorists Nabbed In Benue, Other States
- Police Arrest Robbers Who Robbed Woman of Money in Lagos