Free Medical Outreach: Army Wanted to Depopulate Southeast Region With Monkey Pox – Residents Insist
– The army however insisted that the outreach which was conducted as part of the Operation Python Dance 2 exercise, was not harmful to anyone
Residents of various southeast states have insisted that a free medical outreach organized by the Nigerian army was a ploy to depopulate the region, Punch reports.
On Wednesday, October 11, numerous schools in the southeast were deserted following unverified reports that soldiers were injecting students to death with the monkeypox virus.
However, Patrick Ukah, the state’s commissioner of information, called for calm as he stated that “there was no iota of truth in the rumour.”
He said further: “This panic in schools is needless because there is no vaccination currently going on in any school.”
As the rumour also spread in Anambra state, Governor Willie Obiano urged the army to stop the outreach, even though the governor stated that the army had good intentions.
A statement released by Prof. Solo Chukwulobelu, Secretary to the Anambra state government, on behalf of the governor, read in part: “The state has been made to understand that the exercise is part of the army’s social responsibility to members of the public.
“The governor has, however, contacted the army to stop the exercise until residents are sensitised.”
In Imo state, chaos was also recorded as parents and guardians stormed various schools to retrieve their children and wards.
He stated: “The army does not organise any medical outreach without informing members of the community selected for the outreach.”
Col. Sagir Musa, deputy director, public relations, 82 Division, Enugu, also weighed in on the matter and attempted to allay the fears of the public.
He insisted that the free medical outreach being conducted by the army as part of Operation Python Dance 11, “was not harmful to anyone”.
Recall that Onlinenigeria.com previously reported that the Anambra state government debunked the rumour which was making rounds in the state that students in Ozubulu, Ekwusigo local government area of the state were being forced by the army to undertake medical care.
The governor of the state, Willie Obiano, through the secretary to the state government, Prof. Solo Chukwulobelu, said the exercise was part of army social responsibility to members of the public.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Fresh crisis rocks PDP over Secondus emergence
- Airtel, Glo top bid for 9mobile acquisition
- 577 firms indicate interest for NNPC’s oil, no-oil assets
- Shell bags Aret Adams Award for Excellence
- Heritage Bank, Generation Next prepares 1, 500 pupils for leadership roles
- Weststar Associates re-strategises as Benz passes 2m global sales
- Senate Holds Public Hearing On Job Creation Today
- Two Nigerians Invent Generator That Runs Without Fuel, Gas
- Atiku’s Exit, Not Good For APC – Okorocha
- Robbers Escaping With Snatched Car Involved In Accident
- Six Proven Tips To Arrange Your Financial Life
- Beautiful Lady Declared Wanted By EFCC... Exposed By Her Ex-Classmate
- How To Get More Blessings With Less of Yourself and More of The Lord
- VP Osinbajo's Clarion Call For The Rebirth of A New Nigeria
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Buhari Visits His Farm In Daura To Check On His Cows
- Okorocha Gives Best Graduating Student N500,000
- PDP Chairman: Uche Secondus Wins [Full List of Winners]
- Imo lawmakers endorse Okorocha’s son in-law for Governor
- PDP says Their Members who Looted Nigeria funded Buhari’s Presidential Campaign
- 10 Facts About Miracles That Will Build Your Faith
- There is potential collusion between enforcement Agents and Traffickers; DG of NAPTIP tells CNN
- TRAGIC | Seven Dead In Multiple Crashes In Ogun
- Dualization of Yenegwe-Kolo-Otuoke Road In Bayelsa By FG
- RSS Rescue Family Whose Vehicle Somersaulted (Photos)
- Pretty Lady Celebrates 17th Anniversary of Car Accident That Paralysed Her
- Robber Trails & Shoots AIT Staff In Bayelsa While Returning From Shiloh
- What Buhari Can Learn From Lagos State Governor, Ambode
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Lagos Assembly Committee scrutinises demolition of structures in Low Cost Housing Estates
- Lady Wears "I Am A Thief" Tag For Stealing Wines At A Mall
- PDP National Convention 2017: Details & Photos
- Atiku has become a laughing stock – Ajomale
- Suarez insists Neymar won’t join Madrid
- Pele: I would have loved to play alongside Ronaldo
- Gwarzo tried to stop his suspension through blackmail, says Adeosun
- GTBank wins 2017 “Bank of the year Nigeria” award
- Ronaldo: What my son told me after winning 5th Ballon d’or
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Kemi Adeosun to Suspended SEC Boss: "I Won’t Succumb To Blackmail"