Aishah Ahmad Gets Last Laugh as Buhari Writes Senate to Confirm Her as CBN Deputy Governor Despite Criticisms
– Mrs. Ahmad is expected to replace one of the apex bank’s deputy governor who had retired earlier this year
– The president is also seeking for the confirmation of 4 other nominees as members of the CBN’s Monetary Policy Committee
President Muhammadu Buhari wrote to the Senate on Thursday, Ocotber 11, asking the upper legislative chamber to confirm Aishah Ahmad as Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Premium Times reports.
Mrs. Ahmad’s nomination as Deputy Governor of the apex bank had been announced by the presidency on Thursday, October 5.
The president’s letter read: “In accordance with the provisions of section 812 of the Central Bank of Nigeria establishment act 2007, I have the pleasure to present Mrs. Aisha Ahmad for confirmation as Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, replacing one of the Bank’s deputy governors who retired earlier this year.
“Please find attached, copies of her curriculum vitae.
“While looking forward to your usual expeditious consideration, please accept assurances of my high esteem.”
President Buhari is also seeking the confirmation of 4 nominees- Adeola Adenikinju, Aliyu Sanusi, Robert Asogwa and Asheik Maiduguri– as members of the CBN’s Monetary Policy Committee.
Meanwhile, Onlinenigeria.com previously reported that the Bureau of Social Justice Equity and Transparency advised President Muhammadu Buhari to make a fresh nomination for the position of a Deputy Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
The group said the new CBN deputy governor, Aishah Ahmad was not qualified for the job.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Fresh crisis rocks PDP over Secondus emergence
- Airtel, Glo top bid for 9mobile acquisition
- 577 firms indicate interest for NNPC’s oil, no-oil assets
- Shell bags Aret Adams Award for Excellence
- Heritage Bank, Generation Next prepares 1, 500 pupils for leadership roles
- Weststar Associates re-strategises as Benz passes 2m global sales
- Senate Holds Public Hearing On Job Creation Today
- Two Nigerians Invent Generator That Runs Without Fuel, Gas
- Atiku’s Exit, Not Good For APC – Okorocha
- Robbers Escaping With Snatched Car Involved In Accident
- Six Proven Tips To Arrange Your Financial Life
- Beautiful Lady Declared Wanted By EFCC... Exposed By Her Ex-Classmate
- How To Get More Blessings With Less of Yourself and More of The Lord
- VP Osinbajo's Clarion Call For The Rebirth of A New Nigeria
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Buhari Visits His Farm In Daura To Check On His Cows
- Okorocha Gives Best Graduating Student N500,000
- PDP Chairman: Uche Secondus Wins [Full List of Winners]
- Imo lawmakers endorse Okorocha’s son in-law for Governor
- PDP says Their Members who Looted Nigeria funded Buhari’s Presidential Campaign
- 10 Facts About Miracles That Will Build Your Faith
- There is potential collusion between enforcement Agents and Traffickers; DG of NAPTIP tells CNN
- TRAGIC | Seven Dead In Multiple Crashes In Ogun
- Dualization of Yenegwe-Kolo-Otuoke Road In Bayelsa By FG
- RSS Rescue Family Whose Vehicle Somersaulted (Photos)
- Pretty Lady Celebrates 17th Anniversary of Car Accident That Paralysed Her
- Robber Trails & Shoots AIT Staff In Bayelsa While Returning From Shiloh
- What Buhari Can Learn From Lagos State Governor, Ambode
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Lagos Assembly Committee scrutinises demolition of structures in Low Cost Housing Estates
- Lady Wears "I Am A Thief" Tag For Stealing Wines At A Mall
- PDP National Convention 2017: Details & Photos
- Atiku has become a laughing stock – Ajomale
- Suarez insists Neymar won’t join Madrid
- Pele: I would have loved to play alongside Ronaldo
- Gwarzo tried to stop his suspension through blackmail, says Adeosun
- GTBank wins 2017 “Bank of the year Nigeria” award
- Ronaldo: What my son told me after winning 5th Ballon d’or
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Kemi Adeosun to Suspended SEC Boss: "I Won’t Succumb To Blackmail"