The Nigerian Air Force said on Tuesday that it spent over N400m to fuel fighter jets deployed in its operations to combat the Boko Haram terror activities in the North-East between July and September 2017.
The Air Component Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Air Commodore Tajudeeen Yusuf, said this in Maiduguri, Borno State, during a briefing to discuss the successes and challenges recorded by the component during the third quarter.
Yusuf, who noted that a total of 842 missions were conducted in the period under review, said the air force fighter aircraft flew for a total of 1,551 hours and 39 minutes.
He said, “The air efforts in the third quarter of 2017 as compared to the previous quarter show an increase in activities based on the upsurge of day and night Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance as well as Armed Reece sorties to identify targets for interdiction. We also conducted several missions in support of ground troops.
“Overall, from July to September 2017, a total of 842 missions were conducted in 1,162 sorties with a total of 1,551 hours and 39 minutes flown by the various platforms. For all these sorties, a total of 1,596,165 litres of Jet-A1 was consumed, which translates to a fuel cost of N399,041,250.”
Latest Nigeria News
- New Method Yahoo Boys Are Using To Hack People's Account
- The 7 Commandments For A Godly Marriage
- NURTW hatchet man killed over 100 people in 20 years, now born again
- Okorocha’s in-law ambition: PDP lawmakers join APC to take side
- Okorocha's Deputy Ready To Battle Him & His Son-in-law: "Nobody Can Stop Me From Becoming Governor"
- Nigerian Lady Burnt Alive As Car Filled With Gas Explodes, After Police Chased Them (Photos)
- Man surprised with 2 Plots of Land by someone he helped with School Fees in 2010
- How Pregnant Woman Escaped Killer Herdsmen By Climbing Tree
- I Waited 8 Years Before I Secured University Admission – Adewumi, UNIJOS first-class graduate
- 9 Safety Tips For Night Driving You Should Take Seriously
- Shocking Confession of Notorious Ade Lawyer: "I’ve Killed Over 100 People"
- Checkout These Delicious Sleep Boosting Foods
- "Benue Killings Made Me Weep", Pastor Adeboye tells Gov. Ortom
- ‘How We Mix Dusting Powder With Petrol To Rob Okada Operators’
- I Survived Several Bullets Herdsmen Fired At Me, says Kogi School Principal
- Buhari Didn't Discuss Elections Order When He Met Saraki, Dogara?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Nigeria will collapse if Buhari wins 2019 election – Obasanjo
- Power Purchase Agreements not cancelled – Adeosun
- CBN postpones MPC meeting
- Lack of uniformity in vehicle import valuation templates by Customs disturbing, says Custom boss
- ABU refinery project suffers from funding
- Army chief sue for unity at WASA
- CPC goes tough on online marketing companies
- Smiles! Man Carries His Plus-Sized Fiancee On His Shoulders
- Rich Kidnapper Evans' Last Victim Makes Shocking Revelations In Lagos Court
- Nigeria's Biggest Problem & The Way Out, by Prof. Jega
- Diamond Bank joins UBA, launches chatbot
- Kogi governor arms importation: House summons Hameed Ali
- Another disaster averted as faulty gear forces aircraft to land
- Naira maintains rate against Dollar
- Oil prices to drop as investors raise concerns about supply
- Lagos judge hands down history’s longest jail term to convict
- Mother who married son, daughter sentenced
- Low score that drove JAMB candidate to suicide
- Buhari holds closed door meeting with NASS leaders
- Man Pretending To Be Insane Caught With Charms While Luring Kids With Biscuits
- TRAGIC! 2 Female Students, NYSC Member Die On The Spot After Fatal Accident
- Tall Bride & Her Dwarf Husband Wed In Delta State (Photos)
- Woman Shares Touching Story As She Celebrates Her Housemaid Of 13 Years On Her Matriculation