- A United State of America-based human rights group called Rapid Response Fact-Finding Mission (RRFFM) has asked President Buhari to withdraw Nigerian army from southeast
- RRFFM said the army should desist from continuing attacks on the already destroyed home of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Independent People of Biafra (IPOB)
- The group also said Buhari's government should allow the trial of Kanu, the IPOB leader, to continue under the established framework of the legal system instead of using military force
A United State of America based human rights group known as Rapid Response Fact-Finding Mission on Monday, October 9, asked President Muhammadu Buhari to withdraw troops from the southeast zone of the country.
NAIJ.com gathered this in a statement signed and released by Emmanuel Ogebe, the special counsel justice for Jos Project, a US/Nigeria law group in Washington DC.
The statement read: ''The president of Nigeria should stand down the troops in the southeast till their mission scope is clearly defined and clarified and necessary legal benchmarks for deployment are met or better still redeploy them to northern Nigeria where on the Niger side of the border terrorists suspected to be Boko Haram killed 4 American troops last week.
''The army should desist from further acts of aggression, intimidation and rights abuses of civilians including continuing attacks on the already destroyed home of Afara Chief Kanu.
''They should disclose the true casualties of its operations and provide compensation to the victims while arraigning the perpetrators.
''The government of Nigeria should allow the trial of IPOB leader Kanu to continue under the established framework of the legal system instead brute military force.
''The government should as a matter of urgency provide treatment and compensation to the victims and families in a confidential manner that does not expose them to terrorist-labeling.''
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 14yrs Old Girl Assumes Office As Governor of Abia State
- AMCON discredits media stories on Grant Properties Limited
- Entertainment 2017: Month by month epilogue
- SEC pledges commitment to Industrial Harmony
- Chelsea set to face Barcelona after Champions League last 16 draw
- Messi equals Gerd Muller goal record
- Gareth Bale agrees terms over a possible Madrid exit
- Champions league stats between Chelsea and Barcelona that will annoy Lionel Messi
- Accord traditional rulers constitutional regards – Lagos lawmaker
- Okorocha Says 89 Percent of Nigerians Are Unhappy
- SOAR TO SUCCESS with Pastor Olu Famous
- Atiku warns Secondus, others
- 9mobile may get new owner in January
- 2019: Okorocha rips into Tinubu
- Wizkid, Davido, Kenny Blaq, Nancy Isime, others are winners at The Future Awards Africa 2017
- Libyan gun-nuts shoot Nigerian to test firearms
- Prices of food items drop at major markets
- Angry baale knocks wife dead
- Lagos Baale Crushes His Wife To Death With Jeep
- Buhari doesn’t understand how to run government –Agbakoba
- Woman Allegedly Killed By Banker Husband Buried In Lagos
- Police Rescue Three Stolen Babies, Arrest Six Women
- Fresh crisis rocks PDP over Secondus emergence
- Airtel, Glo top bid for 9mobile acquisition
- 577 firms indicate interest for NNPC’s oil, no-oil assets
- Shell bags Aret Adams Award for Excellence
- Heritage Bank, Generation Next prepares 1, 500 pupils for leadership roles
- Weststar Associates re-strategises as Benz passes 2m global sales
- Senate Holds Public Hearing On Job Creation Today
- Two Nigerians Invent Generator That Runs Without Fuel, Gas
- Atiku’s Exit, Not Good For APC – Okorocha
- Robbers Escaping With Snatched Car Involved In Accident
- Six Proven Tips To Arrange Your Financial Life
- Beautiful Lady Declared Wanted By EFCC... Exposed By Her Ex-Classmate
- How To Get More Blessings With Less of Yourself and More of The Lord
- VP Osinbajo's Clarion Call For The Rebirth of A New Nigeria
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Buhari Visits His Farm In Daura To Check On His Cows
- Okorocha Gives Best Graduating Student N500,000
- PDP Chairman: Uche Secondus Wins [Full List of Winners]