Former Governor of Cross River State, Donald Duke, has said that he is not a supporter of zoning of the Presidency.
Duke, while speaking on Hard Copy anchored by Maope Ogun on Channels TV, said, “I have never subjected myself to zoning, when I ran for Governor I was not afforded zoning, everybody and everyone was able to run in Cross River.”
He maintained that, “Besides its my constitutional right to run, you can’t zone my right, I think it’s unconstitutional to zone.
“Besides. like I said to you I was born a Nigerian, I wasn’t born an Easterner or Westerner, I was born after Independence. So my outlook is Nigerian.”
Concluding, the ex-governor said Nigeria was in dire straits and should jettison zoning and go for the best.
It could be recalled that Chieftains of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the opposition Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) flayed Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti sSate for declaring his intention to run for Presidency in 2019 against the zoning arrangement of the two major political parties in the country.
See video below:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway