NAN learnt that over 700 of the policemen had not been paid their August and September salaries, while more than 5,000 were being underpaid.
The policemen, cutting across all ranks, gathered in front of the Salaries Office at the State Police Command Headquarters, lamenting that it was not easy to operate without salaries.
They appealed to the police authorities to rectify the problem to save them from further hardship.
The Commissioner of Police, Mr. Agyole Abeh, who addressed the protesting policemen, absolved the police authorities of blame, attributing the delay in payment to the Federal Ministry of Finance’s IPPS office.
He appealed for restraint and advised those affected to channel their grievances through the right channel.
“We are not happy with the situation; but what government is doing is to check ghost workers and restore sanity to the financial system,” Abeh said.
Latest Nigeria News
- DPR swoops on filling stations
- Buhari sends warning signals to Guinea Bissau
- EFCC grabs former Senate president
- What commanders plan to do to whistleblowers in the Army
- EFCC Quizzes David Mark Over Billions "Stolen" From National Assembly
- IMF declares Nigeria as Investors’ Destination
- Neville: Lukaku was right not to celebrate against Bournemouth
- Guardiola wins manager of the month award for third consecutive month
- Kidnapper's "Juju" Prevents Him From Burning Up After Being Set On Fire In Lagos
- Auditor-General Reveals Source of Billions Found in Ikoyi Apartment
- Guardiola names the top two attacking teams in Premier League
- Messi blasts Nigeria ahead of world cup
- Mourinho ready to sell Mkhitaryan to land Ozil
- Iniesta reacts to Ronaldo’s claims he is the “greatest of all time”
- Bishop Oyedepo's Wife, Faith, Rescues Traumatized Teenage Girl During Evangelism
- Several People Injured In Multiple Auto Accidents
- Your Best Defense Against The Enemy
- Beautiful Nigerian Lawyer Makes Double First Class
- Magu Speaks on 'Fight' Between DSS, NIA & EFCC Officials
- 4 Interesting Secrets to Succeed at Job Hunting
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Mikel close to securing Everton move
- Messi: I hope football pays what it owes me
- Iniesta speaks on Neymar’s move to Madrid
- Ejigbo/Isolo launch Itesiwaju Eko Foundation, to start February
- PHOTOS: Man Rapes Female Corper In Ogun & Strangles Her To Death
- Mother & Brother of "Killer Wife" Charged As Accomplices In Murder of Ex-PDP Chairman's Son
- NGO Bill threatens a free, independent civil society – Falana tells Dogara
- Nigeria instability keeping investors away, says IMF
- Microbiologist wins N5m Heritage Bank’s sponsored Next Titan Season-4
- Sterling Bank empowers women for national development
- Ambode opens Johnson, Jakande, Tinubu Park in Alausa
- MLF set to celebrate one-year of empowering Nigerians
- Boko Haram Tries To Take Over Military Base In Borno State
- This Man, A Billionaire, Is Allegedly The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, He's Richer Than 4 Governors
- Africa, others Lose $20billion annually to corrupt officials
- Banks post N19.3trillion transactions in Q3 2017
- SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists
- Ojobo set for NIPR presidential award today
- Ikoyi Whistle-blower Receives N421m; Jets Out of Nigeria