Pan-Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere, has claimed that President Muhammadu Buhari’s stance on the call for restructuring of the country is an indication that he is confused over the issue.
In his Independence Day broadcast, Buhari had said irresponsible groups had hijacked the restructuring debate.
However, Afenifere, in its reaction said Buhari was confusing call for restructuring with that for the breakup of Nigeria.
Afenifere’s National Publicity Secretary, Yinka Odumakin said Buhari should make a clear distinction between the two and work towards rescuing the country from imminent collapse.
“Buhari is indirectly promoting those working for the break-up of Nigeria by ignoring the demands of Nigerians for restructuring”, Odumakin told Punch.
Odumakin said, “He should separate those agitating for restructuring from those calling for a break-up of the country. I think he is confusing restructuring with break-up.
“Those calling for restructuring are those working to avert the breakup of Nigeria while those opposed to it are the ones working for the break-up of the country.
“Let the President deal with restructuring; if he does not listen to the agitations for restructuring, he is promoting those who are working for the break-up of the country.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Prediction out Vladimir Putin would take over world
- 2026 World Cup: What Morocco promises in bid book
- Battle for the soul of ASC rages as NASS moves to amend privatisation law
- Discos to install statistical meters on transformers to end crazy bills on customers
- Journalists meet to strengthen media coverage for migration
- Issuance of visa to investors on arrival at airports grossing daily in Nigeria — FAAN
- National Transport Commission Bill ’ll open up investment windows — Senate
- Rights group to picket telcos, pay TV operators over poor services
- IGP Orders Return Of Police Officers Attached To VIPs, Politicians
- Tears As Nigerian Beauty Queen's Fiance Dies Shortly After She Missed His Call
- Uzor Kalu's N3.2B Fraud Trial: Abia Government House Accountant On The Run
- Dino Melaye Charged With Illegal Possession Of Guns
- SLOT MD, Nnamdi Ezeigbo's Mother Kidnapped
- Touching Story of Beautiful UNILAG Graduate Who Died Just Few Weeks Before NYSC
- Odds against pro-Buhari senators as signatures pile up to override Buhari
- UN offers appointment to Aisha Buhari
- Media Rights Agenda seeks speedy Presidential assent to Digital Rights and Freedom Bill
- Trump moots ultimate punishment for drug dealers
- Ambode exceptional qualities necessitates our support – APC chieftains
- Nigerians to pay more for electricity from April
- "How God Used A Mad Man To Help Me..." Interesting Story
- APC risks being defeated in 2019, says Nyako
- Active PoS terminals in Nigeria hit 164,607 in February
- “Don’t use us, go if you want to go”- Messi sends warning to Neymar
- Sagay reveals what Saraki,Dogara, Ekweremadu, Lasun, other NASS principal officers earn monthly
- Zidane praises Ronaldo’s performance, speaks on him beating Messi to Pichichi
- Money week: NSE harps on financial inclusion
- FA Cup semi-final draw: Manchester United drawn to face Tottenham, Chelsea set to battle Southampton
- Female Graduate's Leg Crushed While Celebrating After Final Exam (Graphic Photo)
- TRAGIC! New Couple Involved In Fatal Accident On Their Wedding Day In Lagos, Groomsman Dies
- "I've Made Over N720m From Kidnapping - Another 'Rich' Kidnap Kingpin Confesses
- Dangote's Daughter, Fatima & Jamil's Wedding Dinner Photos
- Big Boy Jonah Abbey Arrested By DSS; says he's a notorious gunrunner
- Nigerian Lady Dies In House Fire Just 3 Days After Getting Married
- Photos: Private Birthday of Super Policeman, Abba Kyari
- From Hotel Waiter To A Governor's Special Assistant
- 30 Notorious Robbers Engage Abuja Police In Gun Battle
- Mother Whose 2 Graduate Children Are Jobless Commits Suicide
- I’ll Release Details of Saraki, Dogara’s Outrageous Salary, says Sagay
- Man Who Married Sister In Anambra Renounces The Marriage