Ahmadu Bello's grandson has regarded the 'runaway' leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra - Nnamdi Kanu as a coward and a misguided element.
Alhaji Hassan Danbaba, the grandson of the late Premier of the northern region, Sir Ahmadu Bello, has labelled Kanu a ‘coward’ for reportedly fleeing Nigeria to London.
Speaking on the sidelines’ of Nigeria’s 57th Independence anniversary, Danbaba, the Magajin Gari Sokoto, said, “I find it difficult to understand what Nnamdi Kalu wants, bearing in mind the outcome of the secession attempt that led us into civil war.”
He described Kanu as a misguided element, who thought he could return home to set Nigeria on fire, and take to his heels as he had allegedly done now.
Danbaba added, “Honestly, if I were President (Muhammadu) Buhari, he wouldn’t have the luxury of time he had in generating tension, caused untimely death of some before I descend on him.
“Where is the coward who was threatening that anyone, who comes to arrest him, will not leave Igbo land alive?”
He advised Buhari to deal decisively with anyone or group who would want to plunge the nation into another civil war.
Also, the General Overseer, Revival Chapel Worldwide, Bishop Charles Yohanna, has condemned the secessionist agitation by IPOB, calling on the group to be specific on what it wants.
He stated this in an interview with newsmen on Sunday at a special service to mark Nigeria’s 57th Independence Day at the church headquarters in Bauchi.
He wondered why some people would demand another country in a country. Yohanna stated, “Many of us lack the spirit of patriotism from the beginning. Many of our religious leaders were not told to respect the ideals of the nation when they were growing up.
“Someone, who grew up in the woods and then coming to limelight without knowing what it has taken us to build this nation, will talk about dividing the nation.
“Biafra project is not from the heart of the men that are pursuing it. If they are looking for something, they should call the thing by its name.
“What you are looking for is justice, fairness, fair share; is that not what you’re looking for? Why not table it and we have a democratic organ available,” he stated.
Latest Nigeria News
- How fraudsters impersonated Ambode, attempted to defraud LASG
- Customer drags Diamond Bank to court over N2.5m fraud
- Dogara says Buhari betrays legislators, laments killing in Benue, others
- Davido prepares for Igbo wedding
- A moment with Mercy Johnson, husband
- Linda Ikeji has a new problem
- PDP prepares for upsets in 2019 Presidential race
- Ayade, APC at War over seized imported rice
- IBB not happy with Wike, PDP
- Father of 2 dies in SARS custody
- You’re a ‘big joke’, Fayemi tells Fayose
- FG insists vendors to MDAs display TINs on invoices
- Obasanjo successfully completes his PhD at NOUN
- Face of Woman Caught for Impersonating President Buhari's Wife
- Patience Jonathan blocks EFCC’s move to seize fortune
- Osinbajo faults Ortom’s testimony on Jan. 1 attack warning
- Messi closes in on Ronaldo’s record
- Gas explosions kill six in Magodo, Lagos
- Falana, student activists embarrassed Ozhekhome at late Fawehinmi lecture
- Lawmaker dies while held hostage for N100 million
- Suspected Ritualist Who Pretends To Be A Mad Man Caught With Charms In Lago
- EFCC To Seize Another N7.35bn From Patience Jonathan
- Woman Arrested For Impersonating Aisha Buhari
- Germany Pays People In The Country To Use Electricity
- Beautiful Lady Gets Stuck With Married Man During S*x
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 6 Best Tips To Improve Your Networking Skills
- Court Freezes Lagos Lawyer’s Account Over N40m Fraud
- Why Nigeria’s Economy Will Be Better In 2018
- Mike Ozekhome mobbed at Gani Fawehinmi lecture for ‘defending corrupt politicians’
- Ekiti sanctions Fayemi for 10 years
- Buhari begging for leniency on behalf of Fulani herdsmen
- Lagos arrests 30 cart pushers for dumping refuse on road medians
- “How I married at 19 to a man that now sleeps with our daughter, her sister”
- Nollywood star turns gardener in USA
- Genevieve replaces Funke Akindele on the cast list of Avengers
- Benue leaders dare Buhari on herdsmen colonies
- We have witnessed so much bloodshed – IBB
- Ambode urges Nigerians to embrace dialogue in conflict resolution
- Nigeria’s paddy rice production jumps from 5mmt to 17mmt in 2 years plus — Ogbeh