The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested Toyin Ojo, Ekiti state commissioner for finance, and the accountant general of the state.
Operatives of the anti-graft agency picked them up in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, on Thursday.
Wilson Uwujaren, spokesman of the agency, said the government officials were arrested following their refusal to honour the commission’s invitation.
He said in a statement;
“They are currently in the custody of the EFCC.
They were picked up today [yesterday] following their refusal to honour previous invitations for interrogation in relation to pending investigation on the misuse of bailout funds by the Ayodele Fayose administration,”
The officials were arrested while Fayose was officially launching his Presidential ambition.
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway