Manchester City striker, Sergio Aguero has been involved in a serious car accident in Holland.
The taxi in which the Argentine was travelling crashed into a lamppost, with Aguero sustaining potentially serious injuries.
Initial reports suggested Aguero had broken two ribs and was facing up to two months on the sidelines and would definitely miss tomorrow’s top of the table clash with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
However a statement from the club has since stated he is yet to be fully assessed.
The club statement read:
“Sergio Aguero will be assessed by Club doctors today after being involved in a road accident on Thursday.
“The City forward was in Holland on his day off and has sustained injuries.
“He will return to Manchester this morning and his status will be checked ahead of tomorrow’s Premier League clash at Chelsea.”
Aguero was in Amsterdam to watch a concert by Colombian singer Maluma when the taxi in which he was travelling to the airport careered off the road.
Reports have suggested Aguero only escaped even more serious injury because the striker was wearing a seatbelt.
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway