An office assistant, Ifeanyi Anyanwu, who allegedly absconded with his employer’s $12,000 (N4.3m), on Wednesday pleaded guilty to the crime in an Igbosere Magistrate’s Court, Lagos State.
The prosecutor, Friday Mameh, told the court that the accused committed the offence while working with the complainant, Mr. Olalekan Salami, as a financial analyst.
Mameh said the accused stole the amount at his place of work on Furo Ezimora Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
NAN reported that the accused risked being jailed for seven years according to the Criminal Law of Lagos State.
The magistrate, B. A. Sonuga, adjourned the case till October 31 for facts and sentence.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway