Home | News | Headlines | Former President Jonathan Offered Me Huge Sums of Money to Dump APC - Okorocha Reveals
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has shocked many people by revealing how former President Goodluck Jonathan offered him money to decamp to the PDP.
The Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha has revealed that former President Goodluck Jonathan offered him huge sums of money, a second term ticket and an influential ministry in a bid to woo him into the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) before the 2015 general elections.
According to NewTelegraph, Okorocha said he refused Jonathan's offer and remained with the All Progressives Congress (APC). The Imo State Governor revealed this while speaking at a meeting with the people of Njaba Local Government Area of the state who paid him a solidarity visit on his 55th birthday celebration.
Okorocha said he was at the time, convinced that the APC would resoundingly defeat the PDP because Nigerians were tired of the bad governance PDP represented.
He noted, however, that in spite of his sacrifices and contributions to the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari by way of preventing the PDP from rigging their way to power; he had not been treated fairly.
“Look at Rivers State where they rigged Rotimi Amaechi out by allocating over 1.2 million votes to the PDP, yet he got lots of juicy positions like the Ministry of Transport, NIMASA and all that.
“But, in all these, have you seen me complain? No, because I know that one day, my time will come and President Buhari will remember me,” he said.
The governor appealed to the people of Njaba, who had felt marginalized in the areas of projects and appointments to emulate him by being patient, and assured them that they would feature prominently in his next appointments.
“It may look like it would never come, but if you remain consistent; it would surely come through for you,” he said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway