Kastina State governor, Bello Masari has lamented President Muhammadu Buhari’s refusal to give his home state a special attention.
He said the state was not getting any special favour or attention from the Villa because of Buhari.
At an interaction with newsmen, the governor said Buhari had lived up to his assertion when he came to the office in 2015 that he belonged to nobody and but to everybody.
He said, “You know this president is not somebody who will take projects to Katsina because he is from Katsina. Of course some investing companies or some ministries when you go and say you are from Katsina, they may look at you as somebody coming from the President’s state naturally, but for him to put a project in Katsina because it is his state, it won’t happen.
“So it is no longer business as usual, I mean then, when you have a president from a state, everybody will be trooping there. How many jets have you seen here since he has been here? If it was the other time this place would have become a Mecca of some sought. Even I, in my small house here would have become a king. But this is not the kind of president we have. These are the kind of leaders the nation needs.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway