l…his master has been arrested —Police
By Joseph Undu
Tragedy struck at Ifoh Field in Abakpa area of Enugu State, Monday, when a man, who lost his phone while charging it in a shop, allegedly set his teenage apprentice on fire.
An eyewitness said the suspect, identified as Kelechi, poured petrol on the body of his apprentice, Junior, and lit him up.
Kelechi alleged that Junior left his hair barbing saloon, where the mobile phone was left charging, leading to the theft of the phone.
Vanguard gathered that the victim was rescued with severe burns and taken to the hospital.
Enugu State Police spokesman, Superintendent Ebere Amaraizu, who confirmed the story, said the suspect was promptly arrested by Police operatives and that he is helping in the investigations.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway