In an interview with journalists in Makurdi, the National Coordinator of MACBAN, Garus Gololo noted that the activities of IPOB in recent times demonstrated that it was more of a danger to the unity of Nigeria than the clashes between Fulani herdsmen and farmers.
He argued that the statement made by Saraki, faulting the proscription of the group by the Federal Government, was inciting and a clear signal that the Senate President might be supporting the agitation by IPOB to divide Nigeria.
He said for such a statement to have come from Saraki, it showed that he was no longer fit to lead the Senate.
Gololo said he believed that the former Kwara State governor’s presence in the National Assembly was a threat to the unity and oneness of Nigeria.
“I think it is a high-time the Federal Government commenced full scale investigation into Senator Bukola Saraki’s activities in the Senate. I doubt if that man has the interest of this country, Nigeria, at heart.
“For the number three citizen to be saying different things from the government, which he is fully part and parcel of, shows that Saraki hates Nigeria, Buhari and Fulani herdsmen and as such, his leadership is in doubt and he should step aside.
“We can’t continue to have someone in power that would declare support for a group agitating to break up Nigeria. We are for one Nigeria and in unity we stand.
“The ability of the government to declare IPOB as a terrorist group has saved the country from a premeditated war that could have led to the collapse of the unity and peaceful coexistence of Nigeria,” he said
MACBAN National Leader also commended the Federal Government’s decision to proscribe IPOB as a terrorist group.
He described the proscription as a ‘’right step in a right direction’’ that would permanently cripple the plans of the pro-Biafran group to break up Nigeria.
Saraki had last Monday condemned the ban on the activities of IPOB by the South-East Governors Forum and its classification as a terrorist group by the Nigerian Army.
Latest Nigeria News
- How fraudsters impersonated Ambode, attempted to defraud LASG
- Customer drags Diamond Bank to court over N2.5m fraud
- Dogara says Buhari betrays legislators, laments killing in Benue, others
- Davido prepares for Igbo wedding
- A moment with Mercy Johnson, husband
- Linda Ikeji has a new problem
- PDP prepares for upsets in 2019 Presidential race
- Ayade, APC at War over seized imported rice
- IBB not happy with Wike, PDP
- Father of 2 dies in SARS custody
- You’re a ‘big joke’, Fayemi tells Fayose
- FG insists vendors to MDAs display TINs on invoices
- Obasanjo successfully completes his PhD at NOUN
- Face of Woman Caught for Impersonating President Buhari's Wife
- Patience Jonathan blocks EFCC’s move to seize fortune
- Osinbajo faults Ortom’s testimony on Jan. 1 attack warning
- Messi closes in on Ronaldo’s record
- Gas explosions kill six in Magodo, Lagos
- Falana, student activists embarrassed Ozhekhome at late Fawehinmi lecture
- Lawmaker dies while held hostage for N100 million
- Suspected Ritualist Who Pretends To Be A Mad Man Caught With Charms In Lago
- EFCC To Seize Another N7.35bn From Patience Jonathan
- Woman Arrested For Impersonating Aisha Buhari
- Germany Pays People In The Country To Use Electricity
- Beautiful Lady Gets Stuck With Married Man During S*x
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 6 Best Tips To Improve Your Networking Skills
- Court Freezes Lagos Lawyer’s Account Over N40m Fraud
- Why Nigeria’s Economy Will Be Better In 2018
- Mike Ozekhome mobbed at Gani Fawehinmi lecture for ‘defending corrupt politicians’
- Ekiti sanctions Fayemi for 10 years
- Buhari begging for leniency on behalf of Fulani herdsmen
- Lagos arrests 30 cart pushers for dumping refuse on road medians
- “How I married at 19 to a man that now sleeps with our daughter, her sister”
- Nollywood star turns gardener in USA
- Genevieve replaces Funke Akindele on the cast list of Avengers
- Benue leaders dare Buhari on herdsmen colonies
- We have witnessed so much bloodshed – IBB
- Ambode urges Nigerians to embrace dialogue in conflict resolution
- Nigeria’s paddy rice production jumps from 5mmt to 17mmt in 2 years plus — Ogbeh