In an interview with journalists in Makurdi, the National Coordinator of MACBAN, Garus Gololo noted that the activities of IPOB in recent times demonstrated that it was more of a danger to the unity of Nigeria than the clashes between Fulani herdsmen and farmers.
He argued that the statement made by Saraki, faulting the proscription of the group by the Federal Government, was inciting and a clear signal that the Senate President might be supporting the agitation by IPOB to divide Nigeria.
He said for such a statement to have come from Saraki, it showed that he was no longer fit to lead the Senate.
Gololo said he believed that the former Kwara State governor’s presence in the National Assembly was a threat to the unity and oneness of Nigeria.
“I think it is a high-time the Federal Government commenced full scale investigation into Senator Bukola Saraki’s activities in the Senate. I doubt if that man has the interest of this country, Nigeria, at heart.
“For the number three citizen to be saying different things from the government, which he is fully part and parcel of, shows that Saraki hates Nigeria, Buhari and Fulani herdsmen and as such, his leadership is in doubt and he should step aside.
“We can’t continue to have someone in power that would declare support for a group agitating to break up Nigeria. We are for one Nigeria and in unity we stand.
“The ability of the government to declare IPOB as a terrorist group has saved the country from a premeditated war that could have led to the collapse of the unity and peaceful coexistence of Nigeria,” he said
MACBAN National Leader also commended the Federal Government’s decision to proscribe IPOB as a terrorist group.
He described the proscription as a ‘’right step in a right direction’’ that would permanently cripple the plans of the pro-Biafran group to break up Nigeria.
Saraki had last Monday condemned the ban on the activities of IPOB by the South-East Governors Forum and its classification as a terrorist group by the Nigerian Army.
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway