The Assistant Director, Army Public Relations of the brigade, Captain Ojo Adelegan, said the suspects were arrested at the Owena military checkpoint.
According to him, the suspects were inside a black Toyota Corolla with number plate, Lagos KSF 492 AS, filled with 15 bags of marijuana when they were arrested.
He said: “As they (suspects) approached the checkpoint, the driver of the vehicle refused to stop; it took the effort of our men on sentry duty, which fired a round of ammunition, to stop the driver, who abandoned the car and ran into the bush.
“Our soldiers recovered 15 bags of Indian hemp (cannabis) and N71,354 cash from the car. The suspects said the Indian hemp was purchased at Ogbese town and was being moved to Lagos.”
Adelegan stated that the suspects and other items recovered had been handed over to the Ondo State command of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency.
Latest Nigeria News
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway