The Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, says he is not a promoter of the Indigenous People of Biafra.
He, however, said the government must address agitations through dialogue and not military might.
Fayose said this in a series of tweets on his official Twitter handle on Sunday.
The governor said, “Let the use of brute force be the last option in matters of agitation. Battles can be won without the use of force. Having said that, I am not promoting IPOB, but Buhari should lead Nigeria with equity and justice.
“In every family there are both the good and bad people. Agitation is normal in every society but the way to go about it is to tread cautiously. I’m not for division of Nigeria. But the Federal Government should engage in more of dialogue with agitating groups; use carrot and stick approach instead of guns.”
Fayose said Nigeria must be restructured in order to promote fairness and equity.
Fayose further advised the All Progressives Congress to include members of the opposition in the Governor Nasir el-Rufai restructuring committee.
He added, “What this government needs to do is to restructure and this matter should not be handled by the APC. It should not be a party affair. Using brute force is not democratic. Running a democracy should not be by propaganda. Democracy is not autocracy.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari sends warning signals to Guinea Bissau
- EFCC grabs former Senate president
- What commanders plan to do to whistleblowers in the Army
- EFCC Quizzes David Mark Over Billions "Stolen" From National Assembly
- IMF declares Nigeria as Investors’ Destination
- Neville: Lukaku was right not to celebrate against Bournemouth
- Guardiola wins manager of the month award for third consecutive month
- Kidnapper's "Juju" Prevents Him From Burning Up After Being Set On Fire In Lagos
- Auditor-General Reveals Source of Billions Found in Ikoyi Apartment
- Guardiola names the top two attacking teams in Premier League
- Messi blasts Nigeria ahead of world cup
- Mourinho ready to sell Mkhitaryan to land Ozil
- Iniesta reacts to Ronaldo’s claims he is the “greatest of all time”
- Bishop Oyedepo's Wife, Faith, Rescues Traumatized Teenage Girl During Evangelism
- Several People Injured In Multiple Auto Accidents
- Your Best Defense Against The Enemy
- Beautiful Nigerian Lawyer Makes Double First Class
- Magu Speaks on 'Fight' Between DSS, NIA & EFCC Officials
- 4 Interesting Secrets to Succeed at Job Hunting
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Mikel close to securing Everton move
- Messi: I hope football pays what it owes me
- Iniesta speaks on Neymar’s move to Madrid
- Ejigbo/Isolo launch Itesiwaju Eko Foundation, to start February
- PHOTOS: Man Rapes Female Corper In Ogun & Strangles Her To Death
- Mother & Brother of "Killer Wife" Charged As Accomplices In Murder of Ex-PDP Chairman's Son
- NGO Bill threatens a free, independent civil society – Falana tells Dogara
- Nigeria instability keeping investors away, says IMF
- Microbiologist wins N5m Heritage Bank’s sponsored Next Titan Season-4
- Sterling Bank empowers women for national development
- Ambode opens Johnson, Jakande, Tinubu Park in Alausa
- MLF set to celebrate one-year of empowering Nigerians
- Boko Haram Tries To Take Over Military Base In Borno State
- This Man, A Billionaire, Is Allegedly The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, He's Richer Than 4 Governors
- Africa, others Lose $20billion annually to corrupt officials
- Banks post N19.3trillion transactions in Q3 2017
- SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists
- Ojobo set for NIPR presidential award today
- Ikoyi Whistle-blower Receives N421m; Jets Out of Nigeria
- Finally Ikoyigate whistleblower receives payment