– NASU, SSANU, NAAT have agreed with the proposal of the federal government
– They however asked for time to end their strike
– Chris Ngige expressed optimism that deliberation has ended
The non-teaching staffs of Nigerian universities have agreed to call off their strike following a successful meeting with the federal government.
Premium Times reports that Samson Ugwoke who is the national president of the Joint Action Committee of Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Universities (SSANU), Non Academic Staff Union of Universities (NASU) and National Association of Academic Technologist (NAAT) spoke after the meeting with representatives of the federal government.
Mr. Ugwoke said: “The three page agreement was signed and endorsed by all of us.
“We are taking our document and we will make our pronouncement soon.”
Chris Ngige who is the minister of labour and employment said they had come to an agreement and ended deliberation on the matter.
“Based on these conclusion, we all agreed that the JAC will consult its organ with a view to call off the strike as soon as possible.”
Onlinenigeria.com had earlier reported that the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) says it has agreed to consider the federal government’s offer and suspend their strike.
According to Premium Times, the leadership of ASUU, however, said though it accepted the proposal presented by the government, it will take the proposal to its members and get back to the government in a week.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Gov. Yari blasts Fayose
- What FG has done to make governors clear salaries owed workers
- South West Rugby League rounds off on Saturday
- Soldier sentenced to death for killing civilians
- Obasanjo breaks records in NOUN
- Nigeria Army makes 12-month biggest bust of Boko Haram new hideout
- Loveth Howell National Judo Championship kicks-off in Benin
- Obasanjo Becomes An Academic Doctor, As He Bags PhD
- Physically Challenged Lady Set To Wed Her Sweetheart (Pre-wedding Photos)
- High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria From China (Photos)
- Ecowas Youth Council tackles Sierra-Leone’s president
- Imagine What A Woman Did To Her 15yrs Old Househelp
- 5 Reasons Android Devices Are Still Better Than iPhone
- Tallest and Shortest Corpers In NYSC Camp (Photos)
- Beautiful Nigerian Lady Dies From Gas Explosion Triggered By Phone Call
- Robbery: Lagos Police grill Burna Boy, to charge him to court
- Emir Sanusi's Son, Prince Aminu, Becomes A Police Officer
- TRAGIC | 18 die, 20 injured as truck overturns in fatal accident
- Ekweremadu calls for 6-year single tenure for president, governors
- What The New Oshodi & Airport Road In Lagos Would Look Like
- Raising A Family 'Of Different Minds'
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- DPR swoops on filling stations
- What commanders plan to do to whistleblowers in the Army
- EFCC Quizzes David Mark Over Billions "Stolen" From National Assembly
- Neville: Lukaku was right not to celebrate against Bournemouth
- Guardiola wins manager of the month award for third consecutive month
- Kidnapper's "Juju" Prevents Him From Burning Up After Being Set On Fire In Lagos
- Guardiola names the top two attacking teams in Premier League
- Messi blasts Nigeria ahead of world cup
- Mourinho ready to sell Mkhitaryan to land Ozil
- Iniesta reacts to Ronaldo’s claims he is the “greatest of all time”
- Bishop Oyedepo's Wife, Faith, Rescues Traumatized Teenage Girl During Evangelism
- Several People Injured In Multiple Auto Accidents
- Your Best Defense Against The Enemy
- Beautiful Nigerian Lawyer Makes Double First Class
- Magu Speaks on 'Fight' Between DSS, NIA & EFCC Officials
- 4 Interesting Secrets to Succeed at Job Hunting
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Mikel close to securing Everton move