– NASU, SSANU, NAAT have agreed with the proposal of the federal government
– They however asked for time to end their strike
– Chris Ngige expressed optimism that deliberation has ended
The non-teaching staffs of Nigerian universities have agreed to call off their strike following a successful meeting with the federal government.
Premium Times reports that Samson Ugwoke who is the national president of the Joint Action Committee of Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Universities (SSANU), Non Academic Staff Union of Universities (NASU) and National Association of Academic Technologist (NAAT) spoke after the meeting with representatives of the federal government.
Mr. Ugwoke said: “The three page agreement was signed and endorsed by all of us.
“We are taking our document and we will make our pronouncement soon.”
Chris Ngige who is the minister of labour and employment said they had come to an agreement and ended deliberation on the matter.
“Based on these conclusion, we all agreed that the JAC will consult its organ with a view to call off the strike as soon as possible.”
Onlinenigeria.com had earlier reported that the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) says it has agreed to consider the federal government’s offer and suspend their strike.
According to Premium Times, the leadership of ASUU, however, said though it accepted the proposal presented by the government, it will take the proposal to its members and get back to the government in a week.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ijaws Traditional Wedding Costumes for The Bride and Groom
- Lawyers urge new Senior Advocates to preserve judicial integrity
- Apapa gridlocks will soon be over — FRSC
- Lakong swears in Dakwak as Acting Chief Judge of Plateau
- Volleyball: 20 in camp for Africa Nation Women Championship in Cameroon
- Seven million litres of booze to be gulped at world’s biggest beer festival
- NATO to build rehabilitation centre in Afghanistan
- Don't Be Left Out: Checkout Nigerian Delicacies You Should Definitely Try This Weekend
- Graphic Photos: Man Loses His Arm In A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Ibadan Expressway