A 42-year old fake doctor, John Anopuem has confessed that he gave drugs to patients without prescription as such he could not say the number of the patients that may have died in the process of using those drugs.
PM Express reported that the suspect also confessed that he administered drugs through guess work. Sometimes it worked and at other times it was harmful to the patients which might result to death. The Orlu Imo State-born was arrested and paraded by the State Commissioner of Police, Mr Imohimi Edgar at Ikeja, Lagos.
It was gathered that the suspect was arrested at his store located at Seriki Aro Street in Ikeja where the police also recovered some suspicious drugs as exhibits. Some of the drugs recovered from the suspects include Emzolin, Tuxils, Codeine and many others.
Parading the suspect with other criminals, Edgar said it was one of the efforts the police was making to make the state crime free that led to the arrest of the suspect.
Edgar thanked the public for partnering with the police on his new police policy to combat crime in the state. He promised that the police will continue to put up their best and work with the public so that the criminal elements will have no hiding place in the society.
While speaking to journalists, the suspect admitted that he was actually selling those drugs without giving normal prescription as recommended.
“It was a mistake I made and I could not say it was not harmful and I cannot confirm the number of the patients that may have died as a result of wrong prescription of the drugs,” he said.
He said if he was given another opportunity, he would not do such and hoped he will settle the matter with the police. But contrarily, CP Edgar said the suspect will be charged to court after the conclusion of investigation.
Latest Nigeria News
- Atiku warns Secondus, others
- 9mobile may get new owner in January
- 2019: Okorocha rips into Tinubu
- Wizkid, Davido, Kenny Blaq, Nancy Isime, others are winners at The Future Awards Africa 2017
- Libyan gun-nuts shoot Nigerian to test firearms
- Prices of food items drop at major markets
- Angry baale knocks wife dead
- Lagos Baale Crushes His Wife To Death With Jeep
- Buhari doesn’t understand how to run government –Agbakoba
- Woman Allegedly Killed By Banker Husband Buried In Lagos
- Police Rescue Three Stolen Babies, Arrest Six Women
- Fresh crisis rocks PDP over Secondus emergence
- Airtel, Glo top bid for 9mobile acquisition
- 577 firms indicate interest for NNPC’s oil, no-oil assets
- Shell bags Aret Adams Award for Excellence
- Heritage Bank, Generation Next prepares 1, 500 pupils for leadership roles
- Weststar Associates re-strategises as Benz passes 2m global sales
- Senate Holds Public Hearing On Job Creation Today
- Two Nigerians Invent Generator That Runs Without Fuel, Gas
- Atiku’s Exit, Not Good For APC – Okorocha
- Robbers Escaping With Snatched Car Involved In Accident
- Six Proven Tips To Arrange Your Financial Life
- Beautiful Lady Declared Wanted By EFCC... Exposed By Her Ex-Classmate
- How To Get More Blessings With Less of Yourself and More of The Lord
- VP Osinbajo's Clarion Call For The Rebirth of A New Nigeria
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Buhari Visits His Farm In Daura To Check On His Cows
- Okorocha Gives Best Graduating Student N500,000
- PDP Chairman: Uche Secondus Wins [Full List of Winners]
- Imo lawmakers endorse Okorocha’s son in-law for Governor
- PDP says Their Members who Looted Nigeria funded Buhari’s Presidential Campaign
- 10 Facts About Miracles That Will Build Your Faith
- There is potential collusion between enforcement Agents and Traffickers; DG of NAPTIP tells CNN
- TRAGIC | Seven Dead In Multiple Crashes In Ogun
- Dualization of Yenegwe-Kolo-Otuoke Road In Bayelsa By FG
- RSS Rescue Family Whose Vehicle Somersaulted (Photos)
- Pretty Lady Celebrates 17th Anniversary of Car Accident That Paralysed Her
- Robber Trails & Shoots AIT Staff In Bayelsa While Returning From Shiloh
- What Buhari Can Learn From Lagos State Governor, Ambode
- PRAYER FOR TODAY