Home | News | Headlines | Fayose Funding IPOB? Here is What the Ekiti Governor is Saying Over the Allegations
Ekiti state governor, Ayo Fayose, has reacted to allegations made by APC members in his state that he is one of those funding members of the now-outlawed secessionist group, IPOB.
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has described those saying that he was the one sponsoring the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) as people who have put themselves in political bondage and have allowed what they will eat to becloud their sense of normal reasoning, declaring that no amount of blackmail will stop him from expressing his mind against the All Progressives Congress (APC) government’s disrespect for the constitutional rights of Nigerians.
Governor Fayose, who said he was not surprised that the APC in Ekiti State raised the ridiculous allegation, added that the same APC people took side with Fulani herdsmen when they killed people in Oke-Ako, Ekiti State and destroyed farmlands worth several millions of naira in the State.
Speaking through his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Governor Fayose said he was not among those Nigerians that can be cowed by anyone, asking; “Now that the Senate President, Bukola Saraki has come out to openly say that categorization of IPOB as a ‘terrorist organisation’ by the military is unconstitutional, is the APC also going to accuse him of sponsoring IPOB?”
The governor said he was not unaware that Ekiti State could be the main target of the ‘operation crocodile smile’ that the army said will commence in the Southwest and South South, asking what security threat was being witnessed in the Southwest to warrant a major military operation.
Governor Fayose said; “It is on record that on June 10, 2013, it was widely reported in the media that the current Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who was the National Publicity Secretary of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) said that the proscription of Boko Haram was against the constitution, that it stifled the press and tampered with the fundamental human rights of Nigerians.
“It is also on record that in June 2013, President Buhari told the Federal Government to stop the clampdown of Boko Haram insurgents, accusing the government of killing and destroying houses belonging to Boko Haram members while the Niger Delta militants were given special treatment.
“Should we now say that Lai Mohammed and President Buhari sponsored Boko Haram because they spoke against the federal government’s clampdown on the insurgents then?”
The governor, who likened the militarization of Nigeria, being witnessed now to 1984 when President Muhammadu Buhari was military Head of State, said “killing unarmed Nigerians in the Southeast or anywhere in the country, just because some people are agitating is wrong and I wonder why none of our so called human rights activists is talking now.
“Herdsmen have sacked a whole community in this country, they killed over 1,000 Agatus in Benue State and have destroyed people’s farmlands across the country, has any of the herdsmen been arrested? Has any conceited effort been made by the federal government to curb the menace of the Fulani herdsmen?
“If because I spoke against the wanton killings carried out by the military in the Southeast, the APC is saying that I'm funding IPOB, was I the one funding the people of Southern Kaduna when I condemned the killings there?
“Was I funding the Agatus in Benue State when I condemned their killings by Fulani herdsmen? Was I funding the Shiite Muslims when I condemned the killings of El-Zakzaky followers in Zaria and his continued detention?
“Mine is a mission for a Nigeria where no one will be treated like a second class citizen and we can only achieve that if we have leaders that will not be a champion of nepotism like President Buhari.”
Latest Nigeria News
- VP Osinbajo's Clarion Call For The Rebirth of A New Nigeria
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Buhari Visits His Farm In Daura To Check On His Cows
- Okorocha Gives Best Graduating Student N500,000
- PDP Chairman: Uche Secondus Wins [Full List of Winners]
- Imo lawmakers endorse Okorocha’s son in-law for Governor
- PDP says Their Members who Looted Nigeria funded Buhari’s Presidential Campaign
- 10 Facts About Miracles That Will Build Your Faith
- There is potential collusion between enforcement Agents and Traffickers; DG of NAPTIP tells CNN
- TRAGIC | Seven Dead In Multiple Crashes In Ogun
- Dualization of Yenegwe-Kolo-Otuoke Road In Bayelsa By FG
- RSS Rescue Family Whose Vehicle Somersaulted (Photos)
- Pretty Lady Celebrates 17th Anniversary of Car Accident That Paralysed Her
- Robber Trails & Shoots AIT Staff In Bayelsa While Returning From Shiloh
- What Buhari Can Learn From Lagos State Governor, Ambode
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Lagos Assembly Committee scrutinises demolition of structures in Low Cost Housing Estates
- Lady Wears "I Am A Thief" Tag For Stealing Wines At A Mall
- PDP National Convention 2017: Details & Photos
- Atiku has become a laughing stock – Ajomale
- Suarez insists Neymar won’t join Madrid
- Pele: I would have loved to play alongside Ronaldo
- Gwarzo tried to stop his suspension through blackmail, says Adeosun
- GTBank wins 2017 “Bank of the year Nigeria” award
- Ronaldo: What my son told me after winning 5th Ballon d’or
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Kemi Adeosun to Suspended SEC Boss: "I Won’t Succumb To Blackmail"
- Senator Arise Freed By Kidnappers
- Prophet Fufeyin gives N3.3m to ladies deported from Libya
- How To Build A Truly Good Life Worth Living
- FRSC Officer, Woman Exchange Blows On The Road
- Policeman who shot lady at checkpoint over N1,000 has been arrested
- This Woman Is Looking For A Husband For Her Sister
- Nigeria, US Sign Agreement On Return of Alamieyeseigha & Abacha’s Loot
- I Ran Away to Libya to Escape My Father’s S*xual Demands – Young Lady
- NYSC Launches Job Portal For Corps Members
- That smuggled rice could be poisonous, says FG
- Queues at filling stations ‘ll soon disappear, says Kachikwu
- Nigerian youths should drive desired change says G-35
- “I want to win more awards” – Ronaldo