Akwa Ibom State Governor Mr Udom Emmanuel has assured those injured during the collapse building at Reigners Bible Church International of the best medical attention saying that Doctors, Nurses and other medical experts have been drafted to assist in the treatment of affected persons.
Governor Emmanuel who worshipped at Qua Iboe Church, Ikot Ekpene Road, Uyo alongside his Cabinet members, emphasized that the life of every citizen is of utmost importance to his administration and that he is not oblivious of the recession but would source for assistance to ensure their recovery.
"As Christians we need not question God on why disaster occurred but trust on his divine will in all situations and show empathy to the families whose love ones are affected". He stated.
Clad in black attire to reflect the solemn mood which the incident has thrown the state into, Mr Emmanuel announced a - two day of mourning in honour of the victims of the collapsed Church building and urged all to rally round those hospitalised to ensure their recovery while praying for the state stating that "affliction shall not occurr the second time".
He used the occasion to condemn the spate of speculation by a section of the media on dead toll in the ill - fated incident and passionately appealed to relations of the victims to remain calm to enable the state ascertain the number of casaulties maintaining that corpses would not be released until after the two days of mourning.
The Governor later visited St Lukes Hospital Anua, Uyo and Ibom Specialist Hospital to meet the accident victims.
About Article Author
He is extremely motivated, organized and disciplined. Nick has have over 6+ years experience with web content management, administrative duties, Excel, Microsoft software, Quick books, Customer Service, as well as email management, internet research and data entry. He is committed to producing top-notch, quality work, which is his driving force.View More Articles
Latest Nigeria News
- Enugu Government To Complete Nyaba Bridge Before February
- PDP lists impeachable offences by Willie Obiano, Calls Assembly to do the needful
- Shame On The nation: Indian- Packaged Garri Sold In Nigeria Supermarkets
- Former Big Brother Naija Housemate, Gifty Apologises to Banky W, Falz
- Man hacks mother to death
- Re: A Humane Proposal For Buhari To Resign
- Buhari orders immediate release of seized golden sword of Egbesu
- New CBN policy to benefit Nigerians studying abroad
- New Policy Actions in the Foreign Exchange Market
- Federal Secretariat in Abuja Plunged Into Total Darkness Due To Owing Electricity Bill
- 16-Year-Old Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels Under Fire After She Shared Makeup Photo
- SMH! Woman Catches Her Pastor Sleeping With Her Friend in His House In Lagos
- If You Don’t Like What #BBNaija Portray, Change Your Channel! – Seyi Law Blasts Pastor
- I Want to Go to London to See Buhari – Reuben Abati
- Horror Crash! Man’s Throat Punctured by a Spiked Railing After Involving in a High Speed Accident (Photos)
- I Regret Supporting Sheriff, It’s One of My Worst Political Decisions – Wike
- “I Need Longer Period Of Rest” – Buhari
- “My Office Has Been Under A Mango Tree For 18 Years”- ASUP Chairman
- Senator Andy Uba Officially Defects To APC
- Don't Pray For Buhari's Recovery By Emmanuel Ugwu
- I Blame The Electoral College For The Scumbag President By Dr. Wumi Akintide
- Armsgate: EFCC Tenders More Exhibits Against Badeh
- The Decadence In Lagos State Health Ministry And The Role Of Dr. Mabel Adjekughele
- Federal Character Commission's Lagos Office Locked Up Over Unpaid Rent
- Bonny Cantonment: Where Some Of Buratai’s Mad Men Reside By Elias Ozikpu
- National Legislators Want Control of N500B SIP, Government Officials Say
- Security Operative Killed In Southern Kaduna Gun Duel With Herdsmen, Colleagues Injured
- EFCC And Ibrahim Magu’s Never Ending Public Display Of Incompetence By Ilesanmi Omabomi
- How We Investigated, Charged Justice Ademola For Corruption, Arms Possession – SSS Official
- Publisher cancels Milo Yiannopoulos book deal
- Khandie: Get Familiar with Nigerian-Ghanian eclectic singer
- London Fashion Week 2017: Mary Katrantzou gets inspired by Disney for R-T-W Autumn Collection
- Angela Merkel: Germany's Schulz launches 'social-populist' attack on Chancellor
- John McCain: Trump critic meets Saudi's King Salman
- In Abia: Pilgrims board introduces measures to check abscondment
- Lord Have Mercy: 5 Year Old Girl Battles For Life After Being Mauled by Dog
- Marcus Rashford: Striker targets Chelsea revenge mission
- "The In-Laws": Watch Toyin Aimakhu, Chris Attoh, Ngozi Nwosu in official trailer
- New Music: Pasuma - 'Kowale'
- Daily Horoscope, February 21, 2017: What your Zodiac sign says today