MMM Nigeria this is how MMM Zimbabwe crashed, very similar to what is happening to you now.
MMM Zimbabwe made a lot of people rich but eventually made a lot more poor, typical of any pyramid/ponzi scheme that has come into existence.
Yes, the whole concept was to use “spare money” and this is probably the gospel your guiders preached throughout your participation but the truth is many participants succumb to the lure and excitement of earning “free money” at 30% interest just because you helped someone and at some point you would need help too.
In Zimbabwe, as we later realised, a lot of the guiders made a fair bit of money, with many of them converting their “mavros” the MMM digital currency into BitCoin and bought cars from Japan and continue to enjoy their money safely stored in BitCoin wallets, which is probably why a few weeks ago BitCoin in Nigeria was trading at an all-time high, they knew this was coming, and they cashed out before you could.
In Zimbabwe the first signs of MMM Zimbabwe coming to a halt when the Reserve Bank effectively distanced itself from any activity outside of its regulatory scope, they were powerless to either stop MMM Zimbabwe or help those who could potentially be affected by its subsequent demise.
This made a lot of MMM Zimbabwe participants wonder what exactly was going on to have the whole Reserve Bank come out and say they have nothing to do with MMM, confidence still remained but eyebrows started to get raised.
The smart participants caught wind of possible system crash and initiated a wave of withdrawals (GH) which led to another public blow for MMM Zimbabwe, the mobile payment system they had adopted as their primary means of transferring money to each other also distanced itself from MMM, citing it had nothing to do with any illegal activities that may or may not be happening on their platform. Again, confidence remained, but more eyebrows were raised.
Then MMM East Africa, MMM Zimbabwe’s parent organisation, froze all participants accounts and promised to have them reopened in a month after the Mavros system was replenished. The freezing allowed people to PH (deposit) but would not let anyone GH (withdraw) and this left a lot of people confused, the end of the fairytale ride was truly coming.
After the accounts were frozen, MMM was hit with increased public pressure which finally resulted in it reopening accounts, BUT, there was a catch, the Mavros had lost 80% of their value and were now trading at 1 USD = 5 Mavro, yet before it was trading at 1 USD = 1 Mavro,
We suspected that the change in the exchange rate was meant to prevent people from withdrawing as they could face massive losses of up to 80%. But on the other hand, the change in the exchange rate could have been placed to lure in new members after MMM promising that the exchange rate will stabilise back to 1-to-1 news existing members did not take well as new members would be offered free money while the old member are stuck in the system due to their accounts losing 80% of its value.
It was a take it or leave it stand-off between MMM Zimbabwe and its members, but that wasn’t the end of it, MMM then released another bombshell by granting participants access to just 1% value of their accounts, this is after the 80% reduction in value.
This meant that a participant may have had 10000 Mavros, losing 80% value to $2000, but can only withdraw 1% of that value which is $20, that is if they are fortunate enough to be matched with someone willing to Provide Help (PH). After the withdraw of 1% your account will be cleared out, leaving you with 0 Mavros in the system.
This was effectively the final blow and end of MMM Zimbabwe, very few participants got out with anything but the few that did are quite happy with all the hard work they put into getting new members and “guiding” them through the system earning bonuses and high-interest rates.
We were able to catch wind of some official communication which placed the affected MMM Zimbabwe Members at 66,000 and had MMM moving $3 million USD at its peak, a paltry figure if you compare Zimbabwe’s population to Nigeria’s which some media outlets are placing at a million victims.
Will you ever got your money back? Well its really up to you as participants but from MMM Zimbabwe experience the system is effectively shut down.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- We will not fight Senate over Magu – Presidency
- Russia 2018 World Cup: Brazil becomes first team to qualify, Argentina struggles
- How Python killed, swallowed 25-year-old man – [VIDEO/PHOTOS]
- Couple burn manhood of 17-year-old boy for allegedly raping their daughter
- Southern Kaduna: Troops never killed 17 Fulani herdsmen – Army
- President Buhari nominates Prof. Stephen Ocheni to replace Late Ocholi in Kogi Ministerial slot
- LASU Professors blast Dino Melaye for wearing academic gown to Senate plenary
- Outrage As Islamic Cleric Allegedly Broadcasts P@rnography Through Mosque Speakers
- Gernot Rohr seeks new venue for Eagles friendly matches
- Nigeria’s best players are in Europe – Rohr
- Shekau still alive in his fortress in Sambisa forest – Minister of Defence, Mansur Dan Ali
- Senators move to secure immediate release of Nnamdi Kanu, Sambo Dasuki
- Nigeria’s Territorial Integrity and the Buhari Covenant
- I have no link with seized 30 containers of rice – Senator Hope Uzodinma
- The trial of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, Justice Binta Nyako and the Judgement of God
- We Bought The Impounded Range Rover SUV – Senate
- Headmistress Demoted In Abia State For Asking That Teachers Salaries Be Paid
- Coalition of Nigerian CSOs wants UN to Caution Amnesty International Against Destabilizing Nigeria
- #BBNaija: Efe’s Fans Attack Cocoice
- Messi Gets Four Games Ban For Ref Abuse
- “One Day Women In Hijab Will Be More Attractive Than Those Bitches In Bikini” – Nigerian Lady
- Your Book, “Dear Ijeawele” Is Dead On Arrival- Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook
- Tennis Star, Serena Williams Shows Off Her Hot Figure While On Vacation (Photos)
- Tiwa Savage Looks Simply Beautiful In This Red & Black Combo (Photos)
- Sahara Reporters Owner Urges Nigeria Not To Cry For Him If He Dies… Nigerians React
- #BBNaija: Ladies Go Gaga As Bassey Shows What He Got On Beat FM (Photos)
- WOW! Desperate 40-yr-Old Woman With 11 Daughters Finally Gives Birth To A Son (Photo)
- He Filed For His Girlfriend To Come To USA, Instead She Went To Meet Her Lover In Another State
- Senator Andy Uba Accused Of Buying a Fake Phd Certificate From A Vendor In 1996
- 8 Habits That Harm Your Brain
- Zamfara State Governor Yari Diverts N500m Paris Club Refund To Repay His Loan
- Femi Adesina: Firing Blanks, Dangerously By Kennedy Emetulu
- Boko Haram Attacks Borno State Community, Kidnaps 10
- 2017 Budget Report: Dogara Gives Committees Deadline
- Bukola Saraki: A Smart, Powerful, And Dangerously Corrupt Political Operative By Churchill Okonkwo
- N3.1b Fraud: Suswam's Detention By DSS Stalls Trial
- Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In YouWin Program
- 'I Didn’t Collect One Dollar Or A Penny From Jonathan' – Bishop Kukah
- How Nwobike Offered Judicial Worker $2,500 Gratification - Witness
- N11bn Fraud: Shema Runs To Appeal Court, Ask For Stay Of Proceedings